Bresse Chickens

Pics
I am a little shocked by the color. I will take a photo. Maybe I will get another one today.

Maybe there is something going on at the Pacific Coast. We saw an egg from a Heritage RIR that was as dark as a Wellsummer egg this week too from Sanoma County this week.

My eggs are light cream dark cream and speckles. Occationaly I get a white egg. But my mfl lays a cream egg too no one lays a really white egg

That's very interesting. Yesterday I found an egg the color of "coffee with cream" in my Bresse pen. It was lightly speckled. I was wondering how it got into that pen. We have a couple of pullets in there, maybe one of them laid this egg. I've never seen one like that before, even from a pullet. All of our eggs tend to be white to lightly tinted. Maybe Ron is right
big_smile.png

Mine lay Cream colored eggs with one of them laying a darker egg with speckles.

They are supposed to start out a darker color and turn lighter during the laying cycle.

Congratulations.
One of my 2 hens lays a white egg and the other lays a light brown egg. I have been separating them before they hatch in the incubator and banding the chicks so I know which hen they are from.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom