Bresse Chickens

well i just set a batch of white Bresse eggs in the bator, thank you Chiqita

these are nice big eggs unlike the things i got off of ebay last year

with a bit of luck i'll have a few friends for my lone Bresse hen

that is as long as the clowns at the post office didn't treat my babies too rough

piglett

Last edited:
well i just set a batch of white Bresse eggs in the bator, thank you Chiqita 

these are nice big eggs unlike the things i got off of ebay last year

with a bit of luck i'll have a few friends for my lone Bresse hen 

that is as long as the clowns at the post office didn't treat my babies too rough 

piglett

I have been getting good enough hatches on my shipped eggs I have been able to help out those with sucky ones. Yell if the eggs got too roughed up in shipping.

Love superman! Also want to steal those big boxes in your yard screaming grow out pen @ KristyAnn

I have been getting good enough hatches on my shipped eggs I have been able to help out those with sucky ones. Yell if the eggs got too roughed up in shipping.

Love superman! Also want to steal those big boxes in your yard screaming grow out pen @ KristyAnn
even if i just get a breeding pair i'll be happy

any more than that is a bonus

i still have 3 jubilee eggs from an ebay purchase

out of 11 three are still on track

they will be in the hatcher in a couple more days

my friend OZ only gets about a 25% hatch rate but his eggs travel up to 8000 miles before they are set

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ck-out-of-here-a-diary-of-a-crazy-chicken-man

Oh yeah, we tend to collect stuff :-/ but my husbands made an effort to make a compost bin out of one and soon a rabbit hutch out the other. Couldn't be soon enough though. My two girl rabbits have been fighting. If I'm not mistaken, one's in heat. She'll be needing her own room real soon! Superman is good though. Still hasn't been aggressive towards any of us whatsoever and actually I came up on a Bresse Hen too from someone if I'm not mistaken got her from you know who. She is so sweet and a gentle. Seems like the genetics are just a line of well mannered and good multi-purpose qualities. Very happy with my Breese pair :)

So it is week two of guess that breed. Some of these birds are Blue Isbars, and some are Blue Bresse. No I don't know who is who and I don't know how many of each breed there are because the numbers don't match what my sister was told was sent to her. So if you think you know who is who I would love your opinion. Thanks for the help!

Personally I am leaning towards chicks 5 and 7 are Bresse and chick 6 is an Isbar.

I am tempted to believe that chicks 1 and 2 are Bresse and 3 and 4 are Isbars. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom