Bresse Chickens

IDK much about the bresse except what I read on byc and a few other places.

The eggs will have been in the incubator just a short time, I do add eggs daily from my flock of ee's.

Does anyone have any information about sapphire farms?

Here is our only Bresse left. The splash had both dry & wet pox.. The other one looked the same just a tad bit lighter.. The mom "Tiny" a jungle fowl was done raising them. Since they free range, we think a cat got that one ?? Hope she is a she, she is a sweetie.. She let's me pick her up.. When they were little I would go into the nest and get them when they were sleeping.. It also helped the Moma so I could handle them. She pecked at first, but by the 4-5 th time she stopped..

Any one here experienced with black bresse? I have a black bresse roo with red in the wings. I was told that is undesirable, but I kind of like it. I was set to cull him but at the last minute thought that I might want to put him in a pen with my 2 black pullets just to see how the chicks grow out. It's a nice mahogany red, but I want to breed for better not worse. Anyone think the chicks might be interesting or should I skip this.

Any one here experienced with black bresse? I have a black bresse roo with red in the wings. I was told that is undesirable, but I kind of like it. I was set to cull him but at the last minute thought that I might want to put him in a pen with my 2 black pullets just to see how the chicks grow out. It's a nice mahogany red, but I want to breed for better not worse. Anyone think the chicks might be interesting or should I skip this.

Hello, your birds are beauties. Do they have Phoenix In them?

I have a neghbor that had two splash Bresse cockerels, one had red shoulders and one did not. I don't think they are supposed to have them. Both were straight from Greenfire.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom