Bresse Chickens

I agree with you, you should be concerned. Bresse farms online has what you are looking for, they have all colors and have the first line ever to come into the USA. They have great prices and easy to work with

OF all the eggs I set last year ( shipped) I got two bresse. As spring arrived and all the other hens were laying, I felt great dissapointment that the two were males. BUT . . . today I saw one in the nesting box. I'll catch her later and have a look to see if "he" is a laying "she" !!
wee.gif

I culled 2 of my 3 roosters of my white bresse and hatched out 1 of my bresse eggs, which I suspect is a rooster.

I'm about to fill my incubators with bresse, ccl and ayam cemani eggs from my flocks.

I ate the pullet eggs, but now the eggs are bigger and I changed their diet 2 months ago with the mind of hatching eggs soon. I only have a quad though.

OF all the eggs I set last year ( shipped) I got two bresse. As spring arrived and all the other hens were laying, I felt great dissapointment that the two were males. BUT . . . today I saw one in the nesting box. I'll catch her later and have a look to see if "he" is a laying "she" !!   :weee

Post a photo and We can tell you...full side shot standing

Bresse Chicks at flock Swap at TSC Parkinglot 8 am 16 May Roanoke, Va.
I tried to post this at the Buy Sell and Trade at BYC but it said they can not be available anywheres else. What I wanted to do was make them available somewhere's else, at a Flock Swap. Hope this helps and does not offend anyone. If it does just say so in reply and I will Remove it

Last edited:
Quote: Me and photos and loading them has been a joke this last year-- takes far too long to load. Drives me nuts. I will just have to check her vent for laying activity.
lol.png

Bresse Chicks at flock Swap at TSC Parkinglot 8 am 16 May Roanoke, Va.
I tried to post this at the Buy Sell and Trade at BYC but it said they can not be available anywheres else. What I wanted to do was make them available somewhere's else, at a Flock Swap. Hope this helps and does not offend anyone. If it does just say so in reply and I will Remove it

Thanks for sharing info!!! Hope there is a good turnout!!

Thank you.
I hope someone in the area is looking for Bresse will be able to come to the Flock Swap. I meet people whom dont even know what a Bresse is. Mine are now mostly pullets bc my friends always want my roos. I dont have as many roos going to market.

The TSC animal / Flock Swap is getting huge there in Roanoke. Always welcome there.

The Ridgeway/Martinsville Swap keeps getting smaller and it does not make sense because that TSC advertises in large full page color ads. I really think across the state lines into Eden is really hurting them. I have not been to the TSC, Eden, NC but I have been told there are now about 100 vendors! That is Huge. I just might go down and take a look for myself but not next weekend.

Next Saturday is the one in Roanoke and I love that one. There are so very many friendly and fun vendors and shoppers that show up. A great fun time to be had along with usually a sellout. What could be better than that? It has the big new TSC, Campers World and Gander Mountain. With a McD's for chicken Biscuits and tea for breakfast!

Back
Top Bottom