Bresse Chickens

Ended up with 2 roo and 2 hens, bonus! Black and Blue roos, Blue and Splash hens.

IMG_20170812_124510.jpg
IMG_20170812_124518.jpg
IMG_20170812_124523.jpg
IMG_20170812_124508.jpg

I hatched a batch of Bresse because the block is getting old. The parents are all White and 1 Blue Bresse hen. There are 2 chicks that have black spot. Have anyone made the cross? I don't think this cross make Spash Bresse.
GEDC0260.JPG

I would venture to guess they will probably be like a Bresse version of Califonia White or AustraWhites, but with blue spots instead of black. bluebaby is trying out something like it with a cross of Blue Australorps and White Leghorns. But they are chicks right now too, so couldn't tell ya how they will come out.

Getting a new pen ready for this lady and some others to have a breeding group. The pullets look nice, but I'm not satisfied with my cockerel. He is kind of lanky for my tastes.
fullsizeoutput_bed.jpeg
Anyone in Tennessee or Ala. have a nice cockerel they aren't keeping?

Getting a new pen ready for this lady and some others to have a breeding group. The pullets look nice, but I'm not satisfied with my cockerel. He is kind of lanky for my tastes. View attachment 1110579 Anyone in Tennessee or Ala. have a nice cockerel they aren't keeping?
How old is he? I'm only asking because many of the cockerels I've had of other breeds seem to go through a lanky period just as they are on the verge of sexually maturing. Then the rest of their body catches up. Don't know if this is the case with Bresse or not....

How many American White Bresse bloodline available? I thought only 1 imported by GreenFireFarm in 2011, but someone mention few post back 4 bloodlines.

How many American White Bresse bloodline available? I thought only 1 imported by GreenFireFarm in 2011, but someone mention few post back 4 bloodlines.
There is also Bresse Farms. http://www.bressefarms.com/ Seems like everything is always "out of stock", but I'm betting they probably have them all free ranging and if you call and make a request they will pull the breeders and place them in a pen to fill your order.
I have heard 4 as well. I've heard there's a line from Canada, but they are probably less pure than Greenfire or Bresse Farms. Not sure what the fourth one would be.

Back
Top Bottom