Bringing incubator back out-question

Farmer Kitty

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Sep 18, 2007
Wisconsin
Well, it's finally the time of the year I can hatch eggs again! When I put my incubator away last year it was clean and sanitized (both sun and bleach). I'm wondering what I need to do with it this year before I set it up and get it running for eggs? Our temps are suppose to be around 50 with sun, do I need to sun sanitize? Or bleach sanitize? Or just get it out and set it up?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me with this.

I can't help with what to do but I am curious about what sun sanitizing is and what kind of incubator you have. We hatched our first eggs ever this week so we will be cleaning very soon. Good luck with your hatching!!!

I usually like to give mine one good rinse with bleach water and then let it air dry. My storage area isn`t the most secure and I worry about what might have crawled through there since last year.

Quote:
I have a Brower Top hatch. After hatch you use soap and water to clean your bator. Then set it all out into the sun for the sun to sanitize it. It's suppose to be a really great natural way to sanitize.

Quote:
I had put it back into the box but, I was wondering the samething. Glad to know I won't be over doing it if I do the bleach water again.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom