brinsea eco 20 help

ppimf

Songster
7 Years
Nov 15, 2012
ellis kansas
i just recieved my eco 20 today i set it up , and wow it is dead on 99.5 i got 6 thermometers in it and all 5 are within .5 so were good. on the top of the unit it has 2 water droplets things lol, and a hole what is that for? i looked in all the paperwork and nothing about them and the hole please help if u can thanks

can you take a picture. I have a brinsea mini eco and there is a small hole in the top by where the power cord goes and thats there genuis plan on how you adjust the tempature. You have to find a tool small enough or get one from them or something to adjust the temp. IF thats what your s is for I will be able to help you more if I could get a pictuer and if its not that I have no idea :hmm

I cant be 100% postitive but I am pretty sure thats temp control , if thats the case and you say its dead on at 99 then you wont have to touch it so you should be good. Hopefully if soemone else that has this bator sees this they can verfythis for you. Good luck , I love my little brinsea mini eco I wish I could have aforded the 20. Oh just one thing , make sure you have one or two accurate humidity things , I find in my brinsea mini that the humidity is to high when I treat it like a styro bator so make sure you can gague it accuratley and test out certian levels of water or whatever so you know how to get the humidity to do what you like =) Have fun and keep us posted on your hatch when you get there.

To adjust the temp on the ECO 20 model, use a phillips screwdriver and remove the screw which holds the small cover on. When the unit comes shipped, the power cord is not installed. Just to the right of the plug location, there is a very small turning knob. You'll have to use a very fine, small screw driver to adjust the temp. As the icon shows, turn right to increase the temp, turn left to decrease the temp.

Turn only an 1/8th turn. Wait 15 minutes for the new temp to settle in. Very small, microscopic turns are suggested.

The printed manual that comes with the incubator is not organized well, but the information is all there. One just has to take the time to actually read through it. The Brinsea website also has good FAQ information too. Do NOT trust that the setting is fixed accurately, for your room's ambient temperature, at the factory. Take the time to settle the machine in, over a 24 hour period, before setting eggs.

The slide air opening is how to adjust how much air is exhausted from the incubator. There are four drain holes on the bottom of the yellow base. These serve to drain excess water, but also provide fresh air intake. The top slide allows air to exhaust. This too is covered in the manual.

Last edited:
the temp and everything is great but what is the hole beside were u have to adjust the temp out side of the cover. i took a picture of the hole and the 2 droppets and then took a picture of the top to kinda show were the whole was at.

i have found out that hole is used for the water line in the advance module. for the humd. pump, that is why there is nothing in book, thanks for the help

I cannot figure out how to install my metal seperaters - specifically how far to separate them? I'm incubating silkie and bantam tolbunt polish eggs. Help please!

i use mine for guinea, duck, and goose eggs at the same time, just put your egg in and put the wire right beside the egg, make sure it is not too losse so the egg don't bounce back and forth, with my eggs i have such a difference so i add peices of cardboard i cut and put between the egg and wire to make egg tight, you will like it

Back
Top Bottom