Brinsea ecoglow safety 1200

Plague

Songster
Sep 5, 2022
Another question about this brooder plate. We have been using plates from TSC to give you some context. They have worked great. The issue is the adjustability of them. Set levels with the legs, so would need to hang to get more adjustable. We are getting a few more ducklings and goslings this week so we decided we would try one of the Brinsea ones since they are definitely more adjustable. However got it yesterday, it has been running all night and I just checked it. It was barely warm, I mean barely, I could hold my hand on it indefinitely without any discomfort. The ones we have are literally 2 watt more than this, and the plate gets quite warm on them. Actually holding them like I tried to do this one will kinda get uncomfortable after awhile, it definitely works as we have raised quite a few ducklings and some chicks with our old ones. Do these brinsea plates really not get very warm at all, but do the job, or is there a way I can confirm it is working properly, other than the red light is on without risking losing my new ones?

I've seen a lot of people who think the Brinsea models "feel" too cool, and that the rent-a-coop models are "dangerously hot", so there really is a wide range of feelings out there. I can't tell you if your plate is normal or not, but most likely it's working just fine. You will just need to adjust it so your chicks can comfortably touch the plate with their backs if they want-lowering the legs on one end a bit more will give them a lower area and a higher area under the plate. You can always have a backup ready and just see how they do at first with the Brinsea-you'll be able to tell if they are comfortable underneath it. I have the smaller model Brinsea plate. Remember-your hand is 98 degrees-the plate will only be slightly warmer, I believe Brinsea says it will average 115 degrees, depending on your ambient temperature it could be hotter than that or cooler. Good luck with your plate!!

Another question about this brooder plate. We have been using plates from TSC to give you some context. They have worked great. The issue is the adjustability of them. Set levels with the legs, so would need to hang to get more adjustable. We are getting a few more ducklings and goslings this week so we decided we would try one of the Brinsea ones since they are definitely more adjustable. However got it yesterday, it has been running all night and I just checked it. It was barely warm, I mean barely, I could hold my hand on it indefinitely without any discomfort. The ones we have are literally 2 watt more than this, and the plate gets quite warm on them. Actually holding them like I tried to do this one will kinda get uncomfortable after awhile, it definitely works as we have raised quite a few ducklings and some chicks with our old ones. Do these brinsea plates really not get very warm at all, but do the job, or is there a way I can confirm it is working properly, other than the red light is on without risking losing my new ones?

Absolutely horrible experience. Ordered from Chewy--box came without legs. Chewy sent another box--no legs. 2 TWO weeks ago I paid the Florida office for legs--legs have not arrived

Back
Top Bottom