Brinsea - IT'S HERE!!

Quote:
I had a little digital scale already. It's only 0-100 gram range (perfect for chicken eggs), but will display in about 3 different units - I'm using grams (love the metric system
wink.png
). Mine is made by "My Weigh", but look for "jewelers scale" on ebay - they are all over the place, some come with a little calibration weight. They will cost somewhere between $10 - $30 usually. Around a 0-100 gram range is perfect for poultry eggs. Avoid scales that have a much larger scale than you need, as they will be less accurate in the range you are interested in and usually have a more course resolution.

I'd gladly email the spreadsheet. It's pretty simple really. I want to add some VBA code to it to make it easier for those with less than stellar spreadsheet skills, though. Right now it doesn't do the linear regression for you automatically at the start of a new hatch, so everytime you do a new hatch you would have to use the linear regression function so the chart data for the ideal weight would update properly.

When I was little, I'd ride my pony to the neighbors house. We'd candle and weigh eggs all afternoon. Some, she'd pitch, others, she'd incubate, etc. My primary job was to gather the eggs!!

PLEASE send me your spreadsheet also. Love the geek-factor, too!

Lisa

I bought the Brinsea Eco on sunday, but it was out of stock, and supposed to be back in stock on the 10th. So I'm hoping that I get it sometime next week because theres a swap meet coming up. I'd be interested in seeing what everyone's hatch rates are.

I sent the spreadsheet to all those that asked for it. Let me know if you had trouble or if it seems useful. All feedback is helpful and desired.

I run a pretty high resolution on my monitor, so let me know if you have to scroll around to see all the info, because that wasn't intended. I can probably resize stuff to fit your screen resolution better if need be.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom