Brinsea Mini II Advance - Humidity Issue

Personally, I trust the Brinsea Mini, and if your hygrometer read 37, that’s about perfect. I’d just monitor the air cells and not worry about having the hygrometer in there now.
Button quail! So fun! Good luck with them. Oh, you mentioned not being able to candle quail eggs very well. You many need a brighter light. The higher the lumens, the better. Like at least 200+ lumens. They make cheap ones now, so maybe check into a new one. And fresh batteries too.

Personally, I trust the Brinsea Mini, and if your hygrometer read 37, that’s about perfect. I’d just monitor the air cells and not worry about having the hygrometer in there now.
Button quail! So fun! Good luck with them. Oh, you mentioned not being able to candle quail eggs very well. You many need a brighter light. The higher the lumens, the better. Like at least 200+ lumens. They make cheap ones now, so maybe check into a new one. And fresh batteries too.
Ok thank you! That sounds great! I’ll put the eggs in!!!
I like button quail and am excited to be hopefully having more hatch! Ok, I’ll see about the flashlight.

@WVduckchick
I had put some other button quail eggs in another incubator (another Brinsea Mini II Advance in the same room) on May 25th. I was able to candle them today with a bright flashlight in a dark room! Since they’re now on day 13 (first day is day 0, right?) then I was going to put them in lockdown. Here is a picture of one of the eggs. Does the air cell look right? I put water in the other compartment for lockdown and with my calibrated hygrometer in there for about 30-45 it showed the humidity as 59. Is this right? Do I need to add more water?
Edited to add that the eggs are button quail

Attachments

• 6E503613-19C4-4D5A-8424-519355C33C39.jpeg
    6E503613-19C4-4D5A-8424-519355C33C39.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
@WVduckchick
I had put some other button quail eggs in another incubator (another Brinsea Mini II Advance in the same room) on May 25th. I was able to candle them today with a bright flashlight in a dark room! Since they’re now on day 13 (first day is day 0, right?) then I was going to put them in lockdown. Here is a picture of one of the eggs. Does the air cell look right? I put water in the other compartment for lockdown and with my calibrated hygrometer in there for about 30-45 it showed the humidity as 59. Is this right? Do I need to add more water?
Edited to add that the eggs are button quail

Looks good!
Add water to both sides of the little cup inside. Only half gets fed from outside, so keep a check on the external fill port and keep it full. The other half probably won’t go dry as long as you keep the side full from the external port.

Looks good!
Add water to both sides of the little cup inside. Only half gets fed from outside, so keep a check on the external fill port and keep it full. The other half probably won’t go dry as long as you keep the side full from the external port.
Excellent! Thank you @WVduckchick! I filled up both sides of the little cup inside yesterday. I added a little container of water today just in case. Do I need to pull the other water cup out or is it ok to leave in?

Excellent! Thank you @WVduckchick! I filled up both sides of the little cup inside yesterday. I added a little container of water today just in case. Do I need to pull the other water cup out or is it ok to leave in?

As long as its something that the chicks can't climb into, it should be fine to leave in. If they can climb in it and drown, I'd definitely remove it. Or if it creates dripping condensation inside the incubator, definitely remove it.

As long as its something that the chicks can't climb into, it should be fine to leave in. If they can climb in it and drown, I'd definitely remove it. Or if it creates dripping condensation inside the incubator, definitely remove it.
Ok thanks! There was a little condensation so I removed it. I’m looking forward to seeing the chicks hatch!!! Thank you for checking the air cell for me!

Back
Top Bottom