Bronze Pied Peafowl

Peafowlssssssss

Crowing
7 Years
Apr 23, 2014
Hello everyone,

I'm just new here, i have been reading a lot about pied genetics here and from other sites and i think i almost understand how pied genetics works but i still have to ask, i have a Spalding Bronze peacock split white and he is penned with Spalding Pied Peahen, Spalding Bronze peahen and Bronze white eye peahen.

So if i understand it right, the off spring of the Spalding pied peahen will be white,pied,spalding,split pied or white. is that right?

will i get peachicks split pied or white from this mating? so i can get some bronze pied peachicks from them later?

Also what the offspring from the bronze white eye peahen will be?

Thanks in advance and please excuse my English :)

Last edited:
Spalding bronze split white male x spaldingpied hen = your thinking is right, also all the chicks will be split bronze. In the first cross itself you will get spalding pied split bronze chicks . for second question, Yes, you will get bronze pied chicks later by breeding split white, bronze x splitpied and bronze. Final question Breeding with the bronze white eye hen = 50% of the chicks get one copy of the white eye gene ( if the hen is carrying one copy of w/e gene ).. On the other hand if the bronze hen is carrying two copies of the w/e gene, all the chicks get one copy of w/e gene. White eye gene is dominant and self expressive. A male with one copy will have a few (20-30 )w/e in the tail feathers. and with 2 copies all the tail feathers will have w/e in the tail feathers.They show the same pattern in the female also. can be very easily identified one copy to two copies. A silverpied male x A silverpied hen = 25% of the chicks will be dark pied with two copies of w/e gene. The males from this cross look particularly pretty with all white eyed tail feathers

Beautiful peafowl, especially that spalding pied peahen. Are those greens pure? And
welcome-byc.gif

Spalding bronze split white male x spaldingpied hen = your thinking is right, also all the chicks will be split bronze. In the first cross itself you will get spalding pied split bronze chicks . for second question, Yes, you will get bronze pied chicks later by breeding split white, bronze x splitpied and bronze. Final question Breeding with the bronze white eye hen = 50% of the chicks get one copy of the white eye gene ( if the hen is carrying one copy of w/e gene ).. On the other hand if the bronze hen is carrying two copies of the w/e gene, all the chicks get one copy of w/e gene. White eye gene is dominant and self expressive. A male with one copy will have a few (20-30 )w/e in the tail feathers. and with 2 copies all the tail feathers will have w/e in the tail feathers.They show the same pattern in the female also. can be very easily identified one copy to two copies. A silverpied male x A silverpied hen = 25% of the chicks will be dark pied with two copies of w/e gene. The males from this cross look particularly pretty with all white eyed tail feathers

Thank you so much its really helpful to me, so is white offspring from the Spalding pied hen will also be split to bronze? so i can mating them with the pied chicks and get some pied bronze?

Also is there any way to tell if my white eye hen is carrying one copy or two of w/e gene? or how could i know if she carrying w/e gene in the first place?

Sorry for all these questions pied genetics are still confusing me :)

Beautiful peafowl, especially that spalding pied peahen. Are those greens pure? And
welcome-byc.gif
Thanks, the green male is regular green peafowl(not imported) i`m not sure if i can call him pure or not and the other hen is spalding hen 75%, and thanks for the welcome
big_smile.png

Since the father is a bronze, all of his chicks, including white, pied, split white etccc carry one copy of the bronze gene 9 meaning split to bronze. answer to your second question : Any yearling male ( for example, Indiablue or bronze ) with two copies of white eye gene show distinct white color at the tip of every single tail feather When it carrys a single copy, a few of its tail feathers will show white color at the tip. A same thing with any hen.

Since the father is a bronze, all of his chicks, including white, pied, split white etccc carry one copy of the bronze gene 9 meaning split to bronze. answer to your second question : Any yearling male ( for example, Indiablue or bronze ) with two copies of white eye gene show distinct white color at the tip of every single tail feather When it carrys a single copy, a few of its tail feathers will show white color at the tip. A same thing with any hen.
Thank you so much, now i can be sure about what i`m doing, tomorrow i will check that hen again to see if there any white feathers on her tail.

Thanks again.

Thanks, i`m so exciting about this color, i have been looking for a bronze pied hen here in my country but it seems no one has this color yet.

Back
Top Bottom