Brooding box

kellyguinn

Chirping
11 Years
Jan 28, 2008
Does anyone have pics or designs for a brooding box. I have 2 hens that are broody and trying their darndest to hatch some out but the other hens or rooster keep killing them as they are hatched. I would like to separate the broodies from the rest of the flock to give them time to raise their little ones.

Does anyone have pics or designs for a brooding box. I have 2 hens that are broody and trying their darndest to hatch some out but the other hens or rooster keep killing them as they are hatched. I would like to separate the broodies from the rest of the flock to give them time to raise their little ones.
This is one of my "hatching pens" A 4 section, has been occupied by many hens. They are put in one of the sections at the beginning and stay in it until the chicks are at least a couple weeks old----then they are moved to a bigger private pen---usually the round pens. These work Great and No chicks have to die from the others----I rarely loose a chick and we talking about 100's and 100's per season are hatched in these.

Attachments

• Chicken Jail 006.JPG
    Chicken Jail 006.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Chickenfarm 056.JPG
    Chickenfarm 056.JPG
    984.5 KB · Views: 23

Back
Top Bottom