Brown leghorn.. broody?

Any suggestions I don't want to see her needing to stay in this cage much longer but letting her out seems to return her to the nesting box even if it's not right away.
Normally I wouldn't separate a chicken from the flock to avoid reintegration issues, but you might want to try and shock her a bit by moving her somewhere else (a garage, basement, etc) for a day or two (which shouldn't be long enough to let the flock completely forget her) and seeing if that helps break her.

Normally I wouldn't separate a chicken from the flock to avoid reintegration issues, but you might want to try and shock her a bit by moving her somewhere else (a garage, basement, etc) for a day or two (which shouldn't be long enough to let the flock completely forget her) and seeing if that helps break her.
I was almost there with taking the crate out of the coop and putting her in the garage but age was out Saturday for a while and when she had gone back to the run/coop I kept my eye on her. She went in the coop looked at the nesting box walked around in a couple circles in the coop but then left got up on the roof for a while. She had been getting back to her norm since yay. Only thing is she hasn't laid an egg since the 2nd one she trying to sit on to hatch. I know it's not unusual to not lay any more eggs while she is broody but what would be the normal amount of time after being broody to start laying eggs again?

Back
Top Bottom