Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I can not wait to see a picture of him
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks for the offer, but my electric bill is high enough
roll.png
I wait until April/May to start brooding chicks!
One of these days all of us that go to local swaps are going to have to go out for coffee (or whatever) after a swap to get to know eachother. So far, I've only met a few BYCer's and have yet to be disappointed.

Keep an eye on the weather. This could be a good one
tongue.png

Our plans to drive an hour to my Mothers on Christmas Eve day may have to be changed?
hide.gif

What we really need is a Chickenstock type event. I know there are a few folks down this way that would be interested.
And while were on the subject... I have a 1948 Packard for sale if you have an interested customer.
duc.gif

Like the way I sneaked that in there?
big_smile.png
How about if I hatch the chicks for you? One of my Serama just tipped over and went broody. She'll be that way for a month.
rant.gif

Hello Tyler (PurelyPoultry),

Very nice website. You have a lot of nice breeds available. If you don't mind me asking & if you know their history, what is the source of your Buckeyes?

Chris

Hi Y'all, no one replied to my question and I'm thinking that I got so long winded with the last post that it must've got missed. Hope you don't mind if I ask it again...

Quote:
God Bless,

I have not given any thought of darkening the egg color & have not really been concerned about egg color. I will leave that to the breeders of the dark egg laying breeds: Marans, Welsummers, Barnevelders, Penedesencas.

I have noticed that most of my Buckeye eggs are a nice, sufficient brown color but as they lay further in their cycle (i.e. later in their laying cycle) (or the older the hen), the eggs lighten up to a light brown & yes, one here or there, an almost off-white. A new pullet lays a nice medium-dark colored brown egg.

Thanks Chris. As a Welsummer breeder and now Barnevelder too, that was just my natural curiosity popping up. The Barnie eggs need a LOT of work to get them back to where they were so I was also thinking I might learn a thing or two from y'all that might help in that area too if you had.

God Bless,

I will say that egg color is pretty far down on my list of things I breed for. Egg size is more important to me, but before that even is frequency of lay (and before egg related issues come type and color!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom