Budgies! Parakeets. Male or Female?

Chickensss_25

Chirping
Apr 18, 2021
Hello. I recently bought 2 budgies who were both females. One of them passed away about 4 days ago so i went to buy another budgie today. I bought a male one this time since I found out that female together dont do good together. Im gonna upload some pictures of my budgies because I want to make sure that they are male and female. Please let me know asap!

The Budgie with the blue and white belly is Kini. Shes the first bird I bought along with Kiwi (Kiwi is the one who died a couple days ago) The picture of the bird thats really closed up on his face is the one I bought today who is supposed to be a guy. So yeah, please let me know which one is female and which one is male, or if i was told the wrong information!

Attachments

• 673EE6F3-C8D8-4341-B4EA-EF8C2192BE14.png
    673EE6F3-C8D8-4341-B4EA-EF8C2192BE14.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 38
  • E890A06B-9000-4276-923B-8489B35125E0.jpeg
    E890A06B-9000-4276-923B-8489B35125E0.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 24
Your new budgie is a male. I can't make out the color of Kini's cere; if there's brown-female. Budgies can be quite difficult to sex while they are young; especially from pictures that don't always show color accurately. Post another close-up of Kini's face like the new male's picture.

Your new budgie is a male. I can't make out the color of Kini's cere; if there's brown-female. Budgies can be quite difficult to sex while they are young; especially from pictures that don't always show color accurately. Post another close-up of Kini's face like the new male's picture.
Okkay. Yes! I really dont care if they are both male, as long as they are both not female. Here’s the closeup of Kini

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 23
Now, as I look at the pictures, I'm unsure on both. The birds are young. In a short time the ceres will change. Any brown/tan would be a girl. Bright blue would be a boy with these two.

Now, as I look at the pictures, I'm unsure on both. The birds are young. In a short time the ceres will change. Any brown/tan would be a girl. Bright blue would be a boy with these two.
Okay, so that means they are pretty young? Around how old do you think they both are?

Back
Top Bottom