HELP needed with breeding budgies( My budgies won't breed after many months!!!) Im dissapointed and exausted of waiting.

I have a pair and they won’t nest. I’ve tried giving them all kinds of houses and the female just chews them all up and now she just started laying and she is dropping them off her perch and there cracking on the bottom of the cage. I tried putting the most intact one in her laying box but she just ate it. Is there any thing I can do to encourage her to nest? She is albino and around two years old.

Could be that they are same sex. Boys will bond with boys, and so on. But if you have a solid box that’s easy to access, no crazy jealous other hen, she will lay when she’s ready. Cutie pies you have there!

Well,well,well,well.... Look what I found today!!! Teeny-tiny first egg from(I suspect) blue(opaline single factor violet colablt) female. My question is: I have 2 females and 2 males, one and first pair that I have is already paired and they laid this one(I guess them). Now do I have to separate them to prevent breaking of eggs, fighting and disturbing or can I leave them all four in there? The second female is starting to get in breeding condition(cere is now white, not light blue, probably will start to turn brown).
20220925_183714.jpg

Back
Top Bottom