Buff Barred Cochin Thread

Yes! I was weak and those photos of Peanut Butter and having seen your glorious bunch of beauties totally did me in!
droolin.gif
love.gif

This has been one of my most desired bantam Cochin varieties.
bow.gif

Way to go Amy! Can't wait for pics. My goal right now is 2 get cool colors and hopefully something to work with toward buff barreds. Peanut Butter still doesn't ride hens or crow but in time he will give me some beauties I can hopefully use for buff barred!

Last edited:
I know. But has she seen this thread yet?
I just found this thread~!!!!!

Here are a few pics of some of the BB I have or "had"...meaning sold. However, I have some "lovely" cockerels & a few pullets that will be available about the first of the year. I want the boys to mature a little more. They look straggly now & don't photograph too well.

Sold

Sold

Robin

Sold

HUbba, hubba!
droolin.gif

I have a line on some hens that I may can add back in for breeding. I really love this variety and can't wait to work on them.

Beautiful, Lynne!
ya.gif

Does that second pullet look familiar to me?
cool.png
I haven't yet taken a good shot that shows how NICE my girls are from you. I did get a pretty picture of the younger hen awhile ago, but she's molting So bad you probably wouldn't even recognize her! Barbie has been broody for over a month now.. I wish she would have hatched some eggs. Now that I have my incubator set up again I think I'll just try to break her. I haven't gotten a buff barred egg in a long, long time!
Getting my trio from you did give me a jump start on my breeding program, though. CC & BB from other breeder's hatched eggs are just now coming into breeding age, and the pullet is even younger. I do have a pair of birds coming later this month that I am very... very! excited about, too!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom