Buff Dewlap Toulouse Thread

Pics
20? That is great! Ginger, my buff yearling has laid 12 now. Have no idea if greys are still laying because my one girl is too broody to let me check. Hope my two main grey girls lay 20 each!!

Not the best season so far...Out of four eggs, one baby died, two eggs died right at hatch before internally pipping, and one baby hatched yesterday...Easter baby!!! That one is doing GREAT!!! Wish me luck that the rest do well too! I'm so upset about the three that didn't make it!

Not the best season so far...Out of four eggs, one baby died, two eggs died right at hatch before internally pipping, and one baby hatched yesterday...Easter baby!!! That one is doing GREAT!!! Wish me luck that the rest do well too! I'm so upset about the three that didn't make it!
hugs.gif
yay for the Easter baby

Great news about your baby and best of luck with others. Still early in the season and time for even better results.

We're still waiting for one of our Buffs to start laying!

Been busy around here, goose eggs locking down a couple of times a week now. The couple of yearlings we kept back are breeding/laying/and giving us fantastic goslings. The 2 and 3 year olds are doing great too.

here are a few of the most recent hatchlings Buff's and Grey's both

We are up to 4 Grey Dewlap goslings and 4 Buff Dewlap goslings now

If I recall our Sebbies were very late last year and at the end of April
wink.png
That is late! Bashful laid this afternoon. That puts us at full capacity. Now if they are fertile
fl.gif
Still waiting on the Buff Dewlap boy to get it right... but his attitude has changed the last couple of days so
fl.gif

Been busy around here, goose eggs locking down a couple of times a week now. The couple of yearlings we kept back are breeding/laying/and giving us fantastic goslings. The 2 and 3 year olds are doing great too.

here are a few of the most recent hatchlings Buff's and Grey's both

We are up to 4 Grey Dewlap goslings and 4 Buff Dewlap goslings now
They are sooo cute!

I feel like I should post this ..I recently had a gal contact me for eggs, she wanted to do a "buy it now" on eBay. So I did, she then sent me an email wanting me to send the largest eggs I had at the time of shipping. My eggs are the same size, not the same shape but the same size. So whatever. My birds are also 3 years old and up. A birds egg size is a characteristic of that line and bird. ( someone very smart once told me :)). Anyway, I think she thought this way she would not get young goose eggs. The pictures I have listed are the parent stock of the eggs at one and two years of age. I also sent her a free egg. This is what I get after she gets the eggs and opens a case through eBay ..

"I received the eggs that i bought from you and when i opened them I was NOT satisfied at in the size of them. I was told that I would be given the lagest eggs out of them and these eggs are from very young Dewlap's as in one and two year old's. I know becouse i raise these Dewlap's Grey's and Buff's and the pic's of the Geese you have up did not lay any of these Eggs at all. Or they would be a lot bigger in size. I spent alot of money for these eggs and by looking at your pic's of the geese you have up these eggs did not come from any of them or these eggs would have been alot bigger so i was mislead by you pictures you have up. and i even told you in a ebay message that i only wonted the largest eggs but did NOT get them from anf of the geese you are showing.so i have a problem. because i wonted eggs only from the geese that you are showing pictures of. NOT from some young un develop geese."

eBay of course sides with me as they also feel she has no case and false accusations..

She then leaves me neg. feedback

VERY SMALL EGGS, 2 WAS BROKEN, AND WAS LIED TO. NEVER AGAIN!!!! Buyer: kaylaaa11 ( 151) Apr-11-13 13:19 Kayla Bieger

Notice never mentioned broken eggs before? I never lied either, there is no egg size in add.

Please be careful of her, no good can come of interacting with her.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom