Buff Laced Brahma

Anyone in SoCal breeding buff laced brahmas?
I have a breeding trio (Gold Laced Male, Buff Laced Female and a Pure White Female) I have at the moment hatched all I want so put them in with my main flock just recently. I have a few chicks growing out right now that are Gold Laced and Buff Laced. Probably will have 1 or 2 extra males after they are a little bigger so I can see how they are feathering out. I also have a younger Gold Laced Female just about old enough for breeding, that I will put with the Gold Laced Rooster

Pictures taken a couple Months ago.

Last edited:
Well I'm making a few colors myself since the colors I want, either don't exist or do not have good Brahma type. I see someone selling Blue Laced Red Brahmas that still look like a BLR Wyandottes & I don't like that.

Hello! I am no Brahma "expert" but I do raise a variety of Brahmas. It looksk like you could have Cochins, not Brahmas. Brahmas should have a pea comb & feathered shanks & feet. I can only see one of your bird's feet but all have a single comb so are definitely not Brahmas or are not purebred Brahmas anyway. They are cute though. :) If you are truly interested in getting into the Brahma breed, PM me. I sell hatching eggs & chicks. Also, the Backyard Brahmas or Brahma Breeders threads are probably better places to ask questions on this website. I think this is a personal thread mostly. PM me if you have any questions.:)
-Amy

Last edited:
I applaud your hard work, tenacity and dedication!! I've read that it normally takes about 7 generations for new Varieties to breed true, and I'm wondering what was your experience. And at what age were you breeding? i.e. One generation per year, or were you breeding them younger or later? How old were they before you knew if you had a good breeder for the next generation - for both type and plummage?

Absolutely beautiful birds.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom