*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Handsome fellas!  The mottled is unique, glad you were able to get him back:)

Thank you!:) my cock is molting so doesn't quite yet look like his usual fluffy handsome self. I'm going to be hatching plenty of eggs when my mottled begins stepping and my buff pullets begin laying! I already have plenty of people interested in some of his offspring which makes me very excited to be hatching from him in spring!

Last edited:
:welcome    Welcome to BYC and the Buff Orpington thread!

Would love to see photos of your Buff's or tell us about them:)

I have two girls. The smaller one I'm holding is Stella, she's actually about 14 weeks but about 6 or so weeks ago, our boxer ran at her and slammed his arms down on either side of her...didn't hurt her or anything and I swear I think she stopped growing. The pink combed brute BO is willow. She is a monster and is only 10 weeks now. Stella is starting to rebound...I've kicked up her protein with some freeze dried mealworms. She's still about 2/3
The size of willow. I wish she were a larger bc her temperament is so good...would love for my son to show her in 4h. Willow belongs in a circus. If you touch her, she makes noise :)

I have two girls. The smaller one I'm holding is Stella, she's actually about 14 weeks but about 6 or so weeks ago, our boxer ran at her and slammed his arms down on either side of her...didn't hurt her or anything and I swear I think she stopped growing. The pink combed brute BO is willow. She is a monster and is only 10 weeks now. Stella is starting to rebound...I've kicked up her protein with some freeze dried mealworms. She's still about 2/3
The size of willow. I wish she were a larger bc her temperament is so good...would love for my son to show her in 4h. Willow belongs in a circus. If you touch her, she makes noise
smile.png

Awww
love.gif
Stella is a sweetie!

Errrr....(?) Willow is only 10weeks old? Looks like if I'm not mistaken HE is going to be handsome
hide.gif

Hopefully someone else will chime in, but at 10wks and that comb and wattles - I would bet a boy.

Awww:love Stella is a sweetie!

Errrr....(?)  Willow is only 10weeks old?  Looks like if I'm not mistaken HE is going to be handsome:oops:
Hopefully someone else will chime in, but at 10wks and that comb and wattles - I would bet a boy.

Yep,
I've heard that from a few other people too! I've been watching his/her feathers to look for saddle feathers developing but it's a little early I guess.. No crowing yet :) I won't be able to keep a rooster due to city ordinance so hoping for a miracle on gender! My stepson was really hoping to show her. Haven't really decided what to do if she turns out to be a he.

Opinions on these pullets? This gal does have a wonky comb but that will be easy to fix

The two pullets together

And this pullet I plan on putting with my buff mottled cockerel as she is much lighter and does have some white feather tips

priceless and sad at the same time:D
Hubby said great! We'll dress our roo as stir fry. Or dress him as Col. Sanders future KFC bucket.

Ginger went as a Bucket of Chicken a few years ago. I thought she'd fit in the bucket better. Still funny.
And don't get me wrong. I LOVE my girls. They go to the vet when they are ill. They get the best care possible.
No one was distressed w/ the costumes. They just stood there.

Opinions on these pullets? This gal does have a wonky comb but that will be easy to fix

The two pullets together

And this pullet I plan on putting with my buff mottled cockerel as she is much lighter and does have some white feather tips

I think they are lovely
smile.png

But....I'm just a backyard chicken gal, so...if you are looking for a trained "eye" then...hopefully someone else will chime in.

Ginger went as a Bucket of Chicken a few years ago. I thought she'd fit in the bucket better. Still funny. And don't get me wrong. I LOVE my girls. They go to the vet when they are ill. They get the best care possible. No one was distressed w/ the costumes. They just stood there.
yeah, I know no one was distressed. I said so sad cause the amt we love our girls is crazy and cause she looks hilarious with the shark. Looks like the shark has her in its mouth. I love the bucket o chicken idea. Hubby is fed up with our roo.

Back
Top Bottom