*Buff Orpington Thread!*

no I meant ummm the wanting to mate and not having enough females so they are constantly being forced type of stress
No he's really laid back I hardly see them together only only when there in there hut, they roam 1/4 acre for 12hours a day and go back in at night,

This is my sweet little Aphrodite. She is 4 weeks old today. Getting so big already, its crazy!
sy7ytuzu.jpg

eda9erev.jpg

This is Artemus, who is also 4 weeks old today. Not so sure we will be able to keep that name, since its a Greek Goddess, and I'm not convinced this one is the pullet it was supposed to be. Lol
u2utabej.jpg

edy6a6e4.jpg

This is my sweet little Aphrodite. She is 4 weeks old today. Getting so big already, its crazy!
sy7ytuzu.jpg

eda9erev.jpg

This is Artemus, who is also 4 weeks old today. Not so sure we will be able to keep that name, since its a Greek Goddess, and I'm not convinced this one is the pullet it was supposed to be. Lol
u2utabej.jpg

edy6a6e4.jpg
I think Artemus is a boy. Why are these chicks not OUTSIDE? They are certainly old enough .

Quote:I think Artemus is a boy. Why are these chicks not OUTSIDE? They are certainly old enough .
Oh yeah, & that's what I was thinking, that its a boy. Just from my reading, I was thinking this already because the feathers came in so dark, then now he also has his comb coming in red already, and also his wattles are turning red. Is this the same reasons u r suspecting a boy? Learning all I can!! :) Hope to learn and in the long run be a good breeder of awesome chickens!

Oh yeah, & that's what I was thinking, that its a boy. Just from my reading, I was thinking this already because the feathers came in so dark, then now he also has his comb coming in red already, and also his wattles are turning red. Is this the same reasons u r suspecting a boy? Learning all I can!!
smile.png
Hope to learn and in the long run be a good breeder of awesome chickens!
Comb and feathering are the keys.Have you wormed these babies yet? Use Wazine in their water. Get them outside in the sunshine during the day, with some shade in a secure pen, with feed and water.Keep them on MEDICATED chick starter until they are 4 months old, and you'll raise some nice birds.

Quote:Comb and feathering are the keys.Have you wormed these babies yet? Use Wazine in their water. Get them outside in the sunshine during the day, with some shade in a secure pen, with feed and water.Keep them on MEDICATED chick starter until they are 4 months old, and you'll raise some nice birds.
No. :( I haven't. I definitely need to get that done. It is also about the time we do start bringing them outside. I actually don't use medicated, but Ty for the info. I will need a new bag very soon and will start using that. What age do u worm them for the 1st time. I've tried researching that, but gotten SOOOO many different opinions, its exhausting.

Back
Top Bottom