*Buff Orpington Thread!*

I say pullets . @daharmasister

Thanks!!! So far, out of the 10 Murray McMurray sexed chicks I have, I think only one (a light Brahma) is a roo. I'm glad everyone thinks Buffy is a pullet. I ordered three BOs and two were DOA
hit.gif

I have 3 22-week old BO's and the wait for eggs is KILLING me. I dash out there every afternoon convinced that today is the day and no.

Does anyone think they may take even extra longer to mature and start laying since we're going into the cooler fall? I'm in CA so it's pretty mild here. I know no one really has a crystal ball as to when they will begin to lay. But was curious what others thought.

Here's hoping that maybe today is the day. They were extra chatty this morning.
I have noticed that pullets who come into POL out of season seem to take a bit longer.

Any guesses whether I've got a roo or hen? She hatched out fourth of July weekend so she's about 10 weeks old.
Yup, she is a she.

Thanks for comments about when my girls might begin to lay. They were practicing their Buk Buk Buk BAGAWK!!! Yesterday afternoon. All three of them just standing their. They stopped when I came out to make sure there wasn't an issue.

And this morning, they seemed extra chatty. So we're definitely getting close. Maybe not today but I do think in a week or two. YEA!!!

Our precious Peanut laid her first egg this morning at 20 weeks and 3 days! Woo Hoo!! I am beyond excited!! When I opened the nesting boxes for my daily check I am so used to seeing only the ceramic egg in there that I literally did a double take when I saw 2 eggs. The real egg was almost identical to the ceramic egg and the first thought I had was, "How did those crafty chickens get two ceramic eggs into one nesting box." LOL!! I actually had to pick up both eggs to determine which one was real. I am so proud of my little girl!

Congratulations on your eggs too, Debgal. We have had an exciting morning haven't we?
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom