*Buff Orpington Thread!*

She is growing soooo fast!! She is turning into a lovely girl
love.gif
My Lucy loves to hunt worms, most of my run is covered by a roof, but I have a small section "exposed to the elements", I turn it with a pitchfork about every week or so, she rides the pitchfork so she can get "first look" at what is being turned over (worms).
big_smile.png

Cute Picture! I agree--
smile.png
they are fun birds to have.

Ours doesn't have a roof over the large run (yet). We want to put one up by winter, to help give them a place to get out of the snow.... but I go out on the days when it hasn't rained in a bit and run the sprinkler into their run, and she loves it! I think she KNOWS what will be found.

This roo is amazing! Such a good protector/leader <3 And my 4 BO pullets are the funniest little things! One especially, she loves to be held and will let you hold her as long as you want. Having other breeds now too, I can really see how the BO's are so much more social than the others. It's been nice to have chickens that I can actually handle if I need to as my adults I can't get ahold of except from the roost at dark or using the wire hanger chicken catching method (which is amazing by the way). Anyway, I included a pic of my daughter holding the friendly little baby, she's so funny. Pulls on our pant leg if we don't pick her up right away LOL

This roo is amazing! Such a good protector/leader <3 And my 4 BO pullets are the funniest little things! One especially, she loves to be held and will let you hold her as long as you want. Having other breeds now too, I can really see how the BO's are so much more social than the others. It's been nice to have chickens that I can actually handle if I need to as my adults I can't get ahold of except from the roost at dark or using the wire hanger chicken catching method (which is amazing by the way). Anyway, I included a pic of my daughter holding the friendly little baby, she's so funny. Pulls on our pant leg if we don't pick her up right away LOL

I like his tail
tongue.png

The little one is adorable!

I am a newbie to backyard chickens but we started this year with a mix of baby chicks. Our Buff Orpingtons( Fleur and Daisy) quickly became our favorites! These girls are so sweet and friendly...I can't wait to watch them grow :)

I am a newbie to backyard chickens but we started this year with a mix of baby chicks. Our Buff Orpingtons( Fleur and Daisy) quickly became our favorites! These girls are so sweet and friendly...I can't wait to watch them grow :)
Oh my holy cuteness!!! You will LOVE the BO's :D

Back
Top Bottom