*Buff Orpington Thread!*

I have four like this and they have white skin does it happen or could it be a cross

It is probably not that these chickens are the cross between a buff orp and something else, but somewhere back in their blood line there was a different breed. In other words they probably don't have a parent that was a different breed, but maybe a great-great grandparent or something - if that makes sense.

@kekstrom @Mosey2003 @GardenNut

here's an update for you. My girls are now 22 weeks old, not laying yet, and I heard crowing yesterday morning and today,.......That was pointed out to me by (They go out free ranging all day) .......
This is just a thought but are you sure that your hens haven't started laying eggs yet? Free range hens will lay eggs anywhere they wish - under bushes, in dirt, in tall weeds, etc. That seems like an age where they would have laid at least an egg or two.

I had a neighbor come by to look at my chickens and told me that when he had them he let them roam the yard but stopped that soon as everyday was like an Easter egg hunt trying to figure out where the hens actually laid their eggs.

This is just a thought but are you sure that your hens haven't started laying eggs yet? Free range hens will lay eggs anywhere they wish - under bushes, in dirt, in tall weeds, etc. That seems like an age where they would have laid at least an egg or two.

I had a neighbor come by to look at my chickens and told me that when he had them he let them roam the yard but stopped that soon as everyday was like an Easter egg hunt trying to figure out where the hens actually laid their eggs.

Thanks for the tip!

When I get new hens I put them in lockdown in the hen house for at least 3 days so they get used to laying then going out to free range, only time I have a problem with them not laying in the hen house is if they decided to brood sneekily lol

interesting hatch I had as everyone contriibuted eggs, one of the chicks looks like her BO mom but is white,Apparently the BR rooster jumped pens while we weren't watching was interesting though the chick is white oprington in looks

My English buff hen Fluffy currently molting

Not the best pics, it did rain today so they were a bit spooked.
English buff grow outs 3 pullets and a cockerel. I named the cockerel Charles. They're about 2 1/2-3 months old

My baby laid her second egg. The first one she laid on the roost where it rolled off, broke and they ate it. This time, she's getting the hang of where to drop those precious orbs. It's so tiny. It's smaller than the golf ball in the nest.

Back
Top Bottom