*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Does anyone have photos of a cockerel at 4.5 weeks and a pullet at the same age?
I am trying my hardest to determine what my bo is (we bought it for my niece but it is at my house sobI call it mine lol). Reason for asking if it turns out to be a roo she has to take it with her, I have to many as it is.
Silkie roo
OEGB roo
Barred rock roosters x3

Here's a pic of mine at about 5 weeks. Blurry pic but you can see a pullet in the background for comparison.

Quote:
Thanks for uploading that picture. It will be useful for me here in a couple three weeks.

Sexing chickens is something that I know nothing about. However today I noticed something. Half of my chicks have an inch of protruding tail feathers with strong quills. The other half look similar to their hind ends did the day I received them. Are the ones with the tail starts my roosters? Buff Orpington is the breed and I can provide a picture if necessary upon request. They are 19 days old now and as far as the combs, I can tell little difference.

Sexing chickens is something that I know nothing about. However today I noticed something. Half of my chicks have an inch of protruding tail feathers with strong quills. The other half look similar to their hind ends did the day I received them. Are the ones with the tail starts my roosters? Buff Orpington is the breed and I can provide a picture if necessary upon request. They are 19 days old now and as far as the combs, I can tell little difference.

A pic would be great, in my experience the rooster will have a short more feather like tail when they are young and hens tail are poofy and more like their fuzz when they are little

These are some of my 6 Buffs, Tiffany (far left), Joy (middle), Skaye (on log), and in the back there's Sweetheart's butt! They are 9 weeks old. I also have Seamus and Sebastian, my Plymouth Rock roos, and Gidget, Plymouth Rock hen. My other 2 Buffs look identical to Tiffany, and I have a hard time telling them apart sometimes. Joy has defined white wing tips and always runs to me first when I come in with grass and weeds for them! Seamus and Sebastian have different colored combs and wattles, so I just remember Seamus has darker wattles!

Quote:
Been battling a migraine all day and off my feet. I'll have a pic up by tomorrow at the latest, if not tonight. It's right at a 50% ratio on the tail/no tail issue and my order was a straight run fwiw.

Back
Top Bottom