Buff Orpington x Barred Rock results (pics)

32640_chicken_pics_2011_033.jpg

here's my bufforp/barredrock mix, I have 2 of these very nice colors. Has someone given these a name like Buff Barred Rocks?

Not really, as they're basically a mutt.
smile.png

There are though Cuckoo Orpingtons, which are basically a Buff Barred Orpington. But, pretty sure there's no Rock behind them.

I just hatched a batch of BO x barred rock, white rock, white Leghorn, red sex link every one so far has been identical in color.
basically they are all yellow or slightly yellow reddish. Will post pics when they all finish hatching.

I had some barred hens; hatchery stock, possibly not pure. Covered by a BO roo that is definately not a good looking BO, way too tall and leggy. So far it seems like everyone is a boy;

This hatch was two white and two gold, nobody had a distinct head spot. One gold may or may not be a pullet. These were hatched Nov 16. In 10 days the combs on the white ones were growing. They are now about 2 months and the gold ones combs are starting to grow. So maybe they are girls and maybe they are just slower boys. I will say these chicks have dwarfed their hatch mates, even a Welsummer and especially the Ameraucauna chicks.

We just incubated a batch of eggs and got three chicks that are a Buff Orpington X Barred Rock cross. They are now a week old. From what I understand they are sexlinks and the female is the gold faced and the males are silver faced.

We just incubated a batch of eggs and got three chicks that are a Buff Orpington X Barred Rock cross. They are now a week old. From what I understand they are sexlinks and the female is the gold faced and the males are silver faced.

True if the BO was the father and the barred rock the mother. In which case you have 2 boys and 1 girl

Back
Top Bottom