Buff Orpington x Barred Rock results (pics)

Pics

CalicoFarm

Songster
10 Years
Feb 5, 2009
North East Alabama
Just thought I would post a pic of the results of my BOxBR cross. They are sex-linked. I'll post better pics when I get them and as they mature. The roos have the white dots on there head. (That is a white silkie in there to
big_smile.png
)
22467_new_chicks.jpg

5C6F85A1-6251-489B-AF0B-1C415D7665CE.jpeg
We finally got settled to the point that this is exactly the sex linked cross I’m looking for. These are my two favourite breeds. I found a nice roo(tho his tail is very lacking but he’s absolutely massive). And our BR hens are very chunky and 1 egg/day/hen most of 365 days a year.

Should be an interesting mix I can’t wait to see what they produce. And the convince of sex linking sounds fantastic.

Edit:It is hard to see scale but that feeder is like 1.5-2 feet high. These are the biggest chickens I have ever owned by far.

I got a couple of quick updated pics today. The chicks are 11 days old today. I'm going to keep them, I want to see how the hens lay when they get older. I had some black sex-links a few years back that laid HUGE eggs. They always looked like they were double yokers but were not. The ones I have now just lay large eggs. These chicks seem to be bigger than what the other sex links were, and they are super sweet also, very friendly. If anyone would like to try some, I have lots of extra eggs. I'll send them out for the price of shipping/materials.
Roo
22467_slroo2.jpg

22467_slroo.jpg

Pullet
22467_slpullet2.jpg

Pullet
22467_slpullet.jpg

I've been working on these Buff Barred Rocks for six or seven years and have this to show for it. The problem is that the hens don't express the barring as well as the roosters. There is no Orp. in them, however there is White Rock and R.I.R. in them. Thought some of you might be interested.

Last edited:
Not a barred rock, but a golden cuckoo marans over a buff orpington. I hatched one baby. Roo and hen with the baby.

Close ups at 2 1/2 months old. I though it was a she, but im seeing wattles now. The marans you can tell at 2 weeks old.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom