Building a Better Coop - Twisted S Ranch

After getting locked in the coop twice today I put a little line to the inside with a pull loop to unlock the gate latch. Door locks itself way to easy..

Last edited:

After getting locked in the coop twice today I put a little line to the inside with a pull loop to unlock the gate latch. Door locks itself way to easy..
Yah, I'd get another type of latch......or stash some tools in the run for when that wire breaks/fails.

I finished the wire around the bottom of the coop and run early this morning. That was not fun. I should have poured concrete in retrospect. Oh well next time right.

Last edited:

While the sun was blazing today, I worked in the shade for once. I put wire at the coop gable to keep the chickens out of the attic. I will trim out with another board to cover the staples and wire at the bottom.

Last edited:

I got a piece of vinyl flooring on clearance from Home Depot on the cheap. It will make it a lot easier to clean the inside of the coop.

Last edited:

I bought 3 sisal fiber rugs with rubber bottoms to make a floor for my nesting boxes. Cutting them in to make them removable for cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom