Building an "Old Style" henhouse.....move in day!....... (pics)

Quote:
Dad tells me that Grandpa got the design from Michigan State University. They apparently had plans and grandpa liked how they looked.

In this county there were two main types....the peaked and the gambrel. Grandpa wanted something different, and when you drive around you know it was a barn grandpa built cause no one elsee built what he called the "ace of spades" Looking on the internet I found a picture that is that same type of design....what they call a arch roof.....or also gothic. He always put the prow on the gable ends too, just like this picture. Other than driving and getting a picture of one of his....this is close to what they looked like.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35124656@N07/3266983895/

Quote:
Dad tells me that Grandpa got the design from Michigan State University. They apparently had plans and grandpa liked how they looked.

In this county there were two main types....the peaked and the gambrel. Grandpa wanted something different, and when you drive around you know it was a barn grandpa built cause no one elsee built what he called the "ace of spades" Looking on the internet I found a picture that is that same type of design....what they call a arch roof.....or also gothic. He always put the prow on the gable ends too, just like this picture. Other than driving and getting a picture of one of his....this is close to what they looked like.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35124656@N07/3266983895/

I look forward to seeing you build yours.

Wow! Beautiful job!
clap.gif
So your next project is the Gothic Barn? That is an incredible barn!

That's awesome looking!! I can't wait to see the next one!! Did I mention the house we looked at had a little shed that looked like a mini coop with the same roof line as your new one? WOW!
ep.gif
I think it was a sign!!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Yes, but in miniature. Like 8 x 10.... or 10 x 12.

I talked with dad just yesterday again about those old barns and I wanted to build a small version for a brooder house.

He said he would be more than happy to assist me in building one.

Maybe this fall or next spring.....I am swamped with my real work right now and into about Septemeber.....maybe longer.

Make hay when the sun shines he always told me.

Back
Top Bottom