Building an "Old Style" henhouse.....move in day!....... (pics)

Quote:
Yes, but in miniature. Like 8 x 10.... or 10 x 12.

I talked with dad just yesterday again about those old barns and I wanted to build a small version for a brooder house.

He said he would be more than happy to assist me in building one.

Maybe this fall or next spring.....I am swamped with my real work right now and into about Septemeber.....maybe longer.

Make hay when the sun shines he always told me.

Great to hear someone is busy in this economy.. good on ya mate.
smile.png

Quote:
The biggest reason I am busy is because our area got hit with a HUGE hail storm that literally shredded thousands of house exteriors. Insurance companies have kept me busy repairing the damage. This is a picture of just one of the homes (before pic) we were hired to repair. We do roofing, siding, soffit/facia, gutters and windows/doors.

P1010297.jpg

Quote:
I had that drilled in my head by my dad.

Along those same lines......I am now back to work, for the duration....and who knows for how long.

So....for now.....I bid you all Adieux.
frow.gif

It looks amazing. If I lived close by I would come by and paint the inside a couple of nice colors, the plain wood makes it look a little unfinished and it distracts my attention from your pretty chickens. Perhaps if you are feeling a little itchy in the coming weeks you will put a lick of paint up.

Good job

Steve, you did an awesome good job on the new henhouse. I read all 49 pages. I think its great that yu are going to build that " Ace of spades!!!!!! thank you for the wonderful pictures and information!!! p.s. i'm getting some outlaw chicks & am in the start of a chicken tractor!!!

How is your osb holding up as a floor. Just converted an old shed to a coop and it has an osb floor. I have a piece of linoleum to put down but was wondering about sealing the osb first. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom