building my own incubator! PIC heavy! ** Update More Pics ***

Quote:
Hi,
Do you mean blowing directly on the thermostat? If so that could be the cause of your temperature swing, try directing the fan away from the thermostat.
How are you measuring humidity?

Joe

Actually having the fan blow right on the thermostat helps regulate temp in most setups. Thermostats don't feel windchill so having the fan blow on it just makes it react to temp change faster.

I find the two wires that actually run threw the contacts of the thermostat an wire strait to them to bypass all the delay stuff made to keep your heater from cycling on an off to fast. I would have to see the guts in your thermostat to point them out.

Hey cowboy,
How is your christmas light PVC heater tube working out? Did you allow for heat to escape from the tube so as not to build up to much heat which could affect lamp life?
Joe

No its sealed. It just has the thermostat in there keeping to from getting to hot. I've had nights in the upper 20s this week with newly hatched chicks in there nice an warm. Its been running 24/7 for over a month with no issues.

Take a look at this - I wrote up a quick diagram of the wireing for this.
25qpqxh.jpg

Oh - I want to add my disclaimer to this diagram for anyone intending to use this themselves.

I am not an electrition - most of this information I found on the internet relating to car audio. I saw a post somewhere where a guy said these automotive relays can run up to 220 volts on the high voltage side.

This is just a diagram of what I did & I am providing that information to you. Do with it what you will.

That being said - I have not had issues with mine for the two days its been running. The relay does not heat up at all & everything appears to be correct.

Quote:
One of my incubators is wired like that but I am running a 1800 watt hair dryer where you have those two small lights. Ran it well over a year.. It may be over 2 years now? Anyway I dont think your 2 lights are going to cook that relay if I haven't cooked mine yet.

Back
Top Bottom