Building New Coop/Barn...Phase 5 Great Barn Build, OCCUPIED! 3/6/16

I have a push mower. It only works, however, when someone cares enough about the grass to use it - and that is seldom me
lol.png

I just came in from mowing, and I agree...very zen. I have a push mower for the house and a garden tractor for the rural property. I find both satisfying. Now off to pull weeds for the chickens from the areas that they're not allowed!

I just came in from mowing, and I agree...very zen. I have a push mower for the house and a garden tractor for the rural property. I find both satisfying. Now off to pull weeds for the chickens from the areas that they're not allowed!

Well, then, I guess I'd better learn to use that new mower! I could use a relaxing ride around the pasture...and around...and around....

Riding mower can be Zenish.....can also be hell on a worn out bod, depending on circumstance.
Bumpy land hard on my back and working the clutch blows up my knee.
Haven't taken the snow thrower off and put the mower on the tractor yet, that hurts too.
Mowing has turned into the 'M' word...like an unmetionable curse word.
I'll be 'haying' rather than mowing by the tractor's ready to cut...hahaha!

Riding mower can be Zenish.....can also be hell on a worn out bod, depending on circumstance.
Bumpy land hard on my back and working the clutch blows up my knee.
Haven't taken the snow thrower off and put the mower on the tractor yet, that hurts too.
Mowing has turned into the 'M' word...like an unmetionable curse word.
I'll be 'haying' rather than mowing by the tractor's ready to cut...hahaha!

A-haying I shall go, then! LOL.

DH does our mowing, which is probably a good thing. I tried to help him out, but living in the mountains, like you, our property is all on a slope, in any direction. I've mowed the front with the tractor and finish mower. Rough on the neck. Drive up, scoot over, look behind you and mow in reverse on the way back down.

I recently hopped on the new zero turn. I needed to mow the area DH was going to till up for the garden. It was my first time. I got a lot of head shaking and a few "slow downs" from him. I found the faster I went, the less I would swerve. That didn't last long before I got kicked off the mower. Ah well.

Good news is… the 4 or so acred we used to mow regularly will go down to 2 once the fencing is done.

We did some of the loft space today, over the # 6 pen. Have brackets for a table/shelf at waist level in the back of the storage corner but DH lost his balance on the ladder (wasn't locked well) and wrenched his back. When he fell back off of it, he hit my left hand, which pulled my middle finger down from my index finger and pulled that muscle down the middle finger into my hand. Never fails. He started out feeling okay, now, back to square one. Anyway, we did get one thing accomplished, at least. Not sure where else will have loft space, maybe Atlas's pen.

BUT, I finished putting the mitered-corner striped border on this quilt and DH cut about 1/2 of the pasture so we did accomplish a few things today.

Last edited:
We did some of the loft space today, over the # 6 pen. Have brackets for a table/shelf at waist level in the back of the storage corner but DH lost his balance on the ladder (wasn't locked well) and wrenched his back. When he fell back off of it, he hit my left hand, which pulled my middle finger down from my index finger and pulled that muscle down the middle finger into my hand. Never fails. He started out feeling okay, now, back to square one. Anyway, we did get one thing accomplished, at least. Not sure where else will have loft space, maybe Atlas's pen.

BUT, I finished putting the mitered-corner striped border on this quilt and DH cut about 1/2 of the pasture so we did accomplish a few things today.

what a beautiful quilt, at least you got some stuff done, better than doing nothing at all, that happens most days here.

what a beautiful quilt, at least you got some stuff done, better than doing nothing at all, that happens most days here.

Thank you. Now, I have to stop to eventually get fabric for the backing since I never keep large yardages of anything. I did make a quilt for the cat since he insists on zeroing in on any quilt I'm making here. What is it with cats and quilts?? I keep my craft room door closed almost all the time but he'll slip in if I don't get it all the way closed. Then, Finn will meow from in there to tell on himself.

If you have a minute, check out the link at the bottom of my sig line to our BRC Facebook page.
wink.png

Last edited:
Haha, my little egyption mau, tilly is a brat I have 2 under the bed shoe or sweatshirt tote, and when I have them out she go nuts on my yarn I have in them, she drives me crazy. And of course you had to get my attention on the fb page, I don't usually pay much attention to any links at the bottom, but oh the barred boys are gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom