building paradise for the birds

I shared this pic on another thread, But I wanted you all to see my new brooder box. It's 41"long, 41"high and 31"wide. My friend got this for me even though I won't be using it for a LONG time due to MG in the flock. It's very cute and has an open bottom. I could put a couple of my smaller pullets in there.
big_smile.png

Have a good day!
That's cute. You could add it to a coop.

Breaks my heart that you have to leave for now and I hope it is only for now. I have not posted much but have so enjoyed your posts. This is a sad day for me.

I shared this pic on another thread, But I wanted you all to see my new brooder box. It's 41"long, 41"high and 31"wide. My friend got this for me even though I won't be using it for a LONG time due to MG in the flock. It's very cute and has an open bottom. I could put a couple of my smaller pullets in there.
big_smile.png

Have a good day!
this is such a great design....i could so use one for a couple of roosters that i didnt want in my breeding pen.

big_smile.png

Have a good day!

Looks a lot better built than this thing I bought! Its flimsy, but serves its purpose. I now use it as my baby pen. It sits on the porch of my woodshop, under roof. I would never trust it to hold up in much weather. But it does work well for 2-3 weeks old, till about 8 weeks, when they are ready for the bigger pens. I had ducklings in the bottom in the pics below, then later added a piece of cardboard to split upstairs/downstairs, and had 2 chicks and a baby turkey in the top, with the ducks in the bottom. Now I have 3-4 week olds in it, outside. It teaches the young ones to climb the ladder early (I did add a few more rungs) and it teaches them to go inside at night.

Peeping Dudley
smile.png
(maybe that's why they aren't scared of him outside now?)

Looks a lot better built than this thing I bought! Its flimsy, but serves its purpose. I now use it as my baby pen. It sits on the porch of my woodshop, under roof. I would never trust it to hold up in much weather. But it does work well for 2-3 weeks old, till about 8 weeks, when they are ready for the bigger pens. I had ducklings in the bottom in the pics below, then later added a piece of cardboard to split upstairs/downstairs, and had 2 chicks and a baby turkey in the top, with the ducks in the bottom. Now I have 3-4 week olds in it, outside. It teaches the young ones to climb the ladder early (I did add a few more rungs) and it teaches them to go inside at night.

Peeping Dudley
smile.png
(maybe that's why they aren't scared of him outside now?)
OMG Peeping Dudly is a cutie pie I am still chuckling.

deb

everything is going about the same. maybe alittle worse. but its ok. i realize that when its passed i will be happy i was strong and had all of you guys for support. its so amazing how people can help your day go by so much better by simply sharing some time and stories together...thanks guys. when this is done i hope to get back on with the birds. will be making the pico de gallo soon just waiting for the avocados to ripen. also gave mom one of my coolerbators, and the rest of the corner coops chickens...all thats left now is the fibro birds. hmmm what else...oh yea figured i would post something to make people smile since i had a hard time with sleep last night. it is truly unreal what stress can do to one persons body and mind.
11987110_511846612331254_8567959209496312007_n.jpg

as it is raining today i thought this would be appropriate. have a wonderful day peeps

Back
Top Bottom