building paradise for the birds

1 more this morning and 2 zipping.
smile.png
Hope you have some beautiful chickee's!!!

I finally have a few minutes to get a few pictures up. We are not done yet. I do have to say after the rain storm no water was In the coop.
1f44d-1f3fc.png

We went from a A frame to a squared off coop. The roof did great in the rain. It was wet about a foot away from coop. We added 2 more nesting boxes and now each hen has 10 cubic square feet. I'm not sure what the standard is?
It's been really quite since we added more room. We are still going to give them 4-5 feet on the right side.
We only spent 130$. We have scraps around. Bonus crown molding! Yes I made my husband put it up to cover the chicken wire. I now have a 3 rd entry to nesting boxes and coop yeah! No more snagging my clothes.

We did add 3 more roosts. One really high for the teenagers to escape my original flock. I'll post the pictures of the building process next.
We have not been able to get the banties coop done yet. We will definitely be using attimus idea for them. Any other advice would've awesome! Happy chickens yeah! Happy momma ! No more screaming " she's in my box get her out" why they all have to use 1-2. Cycle of life I guess. Hope all is well !
Edited : I can't find my reading glasses
1f622.png
sorry for any errors.

very nice
1 more this morning and 2 zipping.
smile.png

EGGCITED...IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU..YAH...
thumbsup.gif

5 beautiful little black babies. 1 has white toe ends. Now I gotta set up their brooder and take pictures. I'm so happy!
WELL NOW I KNOW NONE OF THE BARRED ROCKS HAD AN INFLUENCE...SO THEY WILL EITHER BE PURE SVART HONAS, OR A MIX OF THE HMONG AND THE SVART HONA, OR A PURE HMONG...IF THE ROOSTERS COLOR IN SIX MONTHS THEN YOU WILL NO THEY ARE PURE OR PART HMONG...THE FEMALES WILL BE ALL BLACK SO NO WAY TO TELL...CONGRATS THO..IM GLAD SOME HATCHED AND IM GLAD THEY ALL MADE IT WITH NONE BREAKING...ATLEAST I KNOW HOW TO PACK EGGS....HAHAHA
and if they are clear then they will turn black if they are white then they will stay white...hope this helps...and you should expect some white/clear nails...thats for sure....also that one is more then likely a svart hona...cause its not known for the hmong chickens to do that.

Last edited:
Staying busy I hope. Nice recipe, you have no idea how much id love to be cooking again. Still a few weeks til my next visit, gonna do as much as I can to help out at thanksgiving tho. Bummer about the aggressive Amherst, I think I'm gonna have to separate my kelsos soon. Really don't want to come out to a royal rumble in their pen let alone have one die. Hit me up later.
Attimus

doing good...its my bday today...all the birds are doing well...put in a bunch more of the heated water bowls for them..moving some birds into new breeding pens and have moved the chickens to their temp home until winter is over...been busy and all by myself for my bday bummer...man i wish i lived closer to people i like..lol..

Back
Top Bottom