building paradise for the birds

That's a whopper of a shrimp! I remember swimming down at the local river once, this spot called cable rock, three guesses why they called it that. Lol. Anyways its got this nice sandy area where the kids play and just drifting along in the eddy near the sand in the current is the biggest fresh water lobster I've ever seen, really just a crawdad up in the mts. but lobster sounds fancier. It was certainly bigger than the 8oz tails we sell at the restaurant.
I managed to make it through highschool fairly unscathed, it wasn't until more recently I've found the wrong end of a few things. Ha-ha. Not being able to use one hand sucked I couldn't imagine losing both.
Hope the snows not taking to serious a toll on you all. There was a good storm here over last weekend but the snow line was a little higher up, we just got alot of rain then a hard freeze.
Enough of my rambling.
stay positive.
Attimus

well i got to see gma not to long ago....ok maybe a while ago....but finally put the pics on here...it was good to spend some time with her....that is for sure...i showed her some of the pics on here and some of the videos...she approves and likes the chickens and other birds....it makes her feel like she was back on the farm....

so these little boogers were running around outside in the greenhouse one day when mae seen them.....she picked them up and brought them inside...so even in zero degree weather i guess you can still hatch chickens....and they lived to....i guess you really dont need to regulate the temp all that much like i was doing last year....

and ofcourse i had to post this....so we were in the craving of shrimp and i figured i deserved it...after all i lost hearing in my right ear not to long ago and was in the hospital...then sick for a week after that happened....so now that i feel ok....still not right and some of my hearing came back but doctors are not sure what happened...i was supposed to go back and i never did...they were talking about having surgery and i dont have time for that....but yeah anyone seen shrimp this size or bigger....and for some reason the asparagus that we got was super big....like twice the size they are normally....like as thick as a quarter....crazy huh....well i will get more pics on here tom.....as i had to reboot the computer and update it and now it works....

WOW!
ep.gif
I love shrimp! Did you eat it? How was it?

Thanks I'm just a big hill billy. Lol. Lobster still sounds too fancy. We have Mt oysters here too
smile.png
but those aren't from the water
wink.png
Attimus

lau.gif

Lamb or pork...  haven't tasted them yet but would not turn them down.

Steer and ram, not alot of pigs around here, a few for 4-h but meh. I'll stick with bacon, thats like pork candy.

Never seen shrimp that big before:eek:. I did see a 40' squid on display once in Sarasota, Florida. It was massive!

40' that's intense. You always here stories and there's plenty of utube propaganda and internet hype about giant squid. Sounds like that thing was well on its way. The ocean really is intense. So much to see.
Attimus

Just came across these fibros, quechua olmec. Looks like a pretty cool breed from south america. There's some rumpless ones but I'm not very into those. The others look cool though almost have a hawks head look to them.
Attimus

There is a breeder here on BYC the link is from 2012

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/643128/rare-central-south-american-south-pacific-breeds

Yashar's threads are very interesting as well as Resolution's

Resolution is a scientist and some of his articles are stunning. I beleive he raises Rapanui.
One of my favorite threads of his... very old an inactive but an eggcellent read
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ed-corn-built-coops-cotes-shacks-and-shanties

How was that huge shrimp??? Looked good. I had a 12 pound lobster once...tasted so nasty and old. Then, I felt terrible for killing the poor thing that was probably a century old just to not be able to eat it bc it was gross.

Back
Top Bottom