Built the floating duck house....(PICS POSTED)

I have a question- and by the way I think the duck house is wonderful.

Do you think if you anchored it about 10 feet out the ducks might feel safer? And is there an exit so that if a muskrat or other predator enters, they can exit via another opening?

Last edited:
Hi! I found your old post when I went to find a floating duck house.
I was just wondering if you ever cut another door in yours so they wouldn't feel trapped.
Another thing I want to try on mine is a little ramp that is chained to the deck and the other end just hangs in the water for easy access.
Mine has an edge all the way around it, when finished, I plan to tie it off to two sides of the pond so the raccoons can't take their eggs.
If you have found anything else I need to look out for along the way, please let me know.

I am looking a way to feed my ducks, either it be a land feeder on a timer (or it shoots it out into the pond), or it's on a floating platform. Any ideas? If you know of a cheap feeder that is on land, let me know, or a really easy way to make a floating "duck dock". Thanks!

My turtles like my duck house, I haven't seen any ducks in it yet.
We made it to match the barn.

I have hours of video of the turtles pulling themselves up the ramp, turning around, get on the edge of the ramp, lifting their feet up and sliding into the water only to turn around and do it again.

Back
Top Bottom