Built the floating duck house....(PICS POSTED)

do they jump onto the ledge to get in or fly??? I'm trying to figure out a way for my ducks to get in and out of their swim tank, but I don't know if they jump. I know, this is probably a blonde question, but I'm curious!!!

wow that looks great! I wonder if you put stairs up would they climb up that and get up to the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest they haven't even gone in it yet, and don't much care for the pond. They stayed out all night last night, and as soon as my wife checked on them this morning they headed straight to the garage about 250 ft from the pond.

Starting to think they had it a little too good the first 9 weeks of life!!!!!!!

OK, you asked for constructive criticism, so here is mine.
smile.png

Is it intended as overnight quarters for your ducks? In that case, you might consider anchoring it further out in the pond. A raccoon would have no problem getting at any ducks inside, when it is so close to the shoreline.

It's sure cute! But I was wondering too about the safety as I can see a coon just hopping it's way up the back of the roof and down the front on the ledge for a meal. Coons can jump... right out of trash cans over your head too if they are so inclined after being startled....

That is wonderful - great job! Someday your ducks will love it.

I too, am concerned about it being so accessible to predators by being right next to shore.

Thanks for the comments. The picture is sort of deceiving. The back end of the duck house is about 6 feet from shore and once the vegetation comes in I don't think anything could jump onto the roof from shore. I am concerned that something could swim to the front and climb up on the "porch" and get in that way. The house is more a shade/storm shelter than anything else as I don't see them just getting in to be cozy all the time.

Back
Top Bottom