Bumblefoot, not getting better

If you can afford it and it is in the joint surgery most likely is only option. If it spreads into the blood stream she will most likely die. Staff isn't something to mess around with. I know your worried but sounds like your vet knows his business.

Did anything come out when he pulled off the scab or did he pull anything out?
It's not going to cost nearly as much as I had thought it would. It's going to be $100 for the surgery, and I believe that includes everything. I've been out money here and there for the previous trips, but I've still not paid anything compared to what I've heard of others paying. I recently lost one of my cats (well, it's been a few months) due to being unable to afford treatment (was going to cost well over a thousand). I was absolutely devastated, and angry at the same time. So, I'm thankful for this vet. He even saved my dog from dying, and set me up on a payment plan.

Anyway, sorry about getting off track there! I have no idea if anything came out, I wasn't back there to see. He told me to keep soaking her in diluted betadine and to keep the scab peeled off.

Looks like I'll go through with the surgery. I'm worried, but hopeful. Thank you for talking with me about this -- you're such a blessing!

It is sad how expensive veterinarian care has become. When our Dachshund injured his back they told us next step would be surgery and it would cost over 5000.00 Thankfully he recovered. We'd never be able to pay that and there is no guarantee It would make him better.
I know it's scary and worrisome but hopefully this will get all the infection out and she'll finally be over this ordeal. Your an awesome person to care so much.
So sorry about your cat.:hugs Great news about your dog though.:thumbsup

I'm so glad to hear your dog recovered. Veterinarian care is insanely expensive! It's a terrible thing when you find someone who truly loves an animal, but can't afford treatment for it.

Hopefully everything will go great with Daisy and she can reunited with her outside friends. :) I attached a picture of her in her stroller and Clover coming to see her. And, of course, a picture from her "photo session". Too adorable!
IMG_1859.PNG
IMG_1886.PNG

She seems super precious. :) reminds me so much of my own big Aflac, he's a pekin drake and had awful bumblefoot that i had to treat on my own, so I know how you feel, he and my others are basically my children rn and it was so heartbreaking when he was going through it. He is still healing over 6 months later.. I will be following and I wish you and your lovely lady Daisy nothing but the best!

She seems super precious. :) reminds me so much of my own big Aflac, he's a pekin drake and had awful bumblefoot that i had to treat on my own, so I know how you feel, he and my others are basically my children rn and it was so heartbreaking when he was going through it. He is still healing over 6 months later.. I will be following and I wish you and your lovely lady Daisy nothing but the best!
Thank you! I hope Aflac heals up just right and can get back to doing what a duck does :p

Bumblefoot has become a nightmarish word for me!

Back
Top Bottom