Butcher question

Pics
Cutting the spine out was harder work than I anticipated. Def ordering a better pair of kitchen scissors! My arms / shoulders are not strong, but I managed. After about 55 minutes at 425°F, I checked temps with an instant thermometer and it tested done. I let it rest about ten minutes and began to cut it. But alas, it was not done! So I took the breast off the bone, separated drums from thighs and stuck it back in the oven. Another 15 minutes later and it was cooked. It was tender and delicious, but honestly, not pretty! So no photos. Family happy. Served with instant mashed and (forgive me!) jarred chicken gravy.
I did a thing recently where I sent all the scissors/shears in my house that I could find off for sharpening. One of them was a pair of heavy duty kitchen shears. Love them being so sharp!!! So if you're having trouble with your shears, but they're sturdy enough and of good quality metal, might consider sharpening them.

I did a thing recently where I sent all the scissors/shears in my house that I could find off for sharpening. One of them was a pair of heavy duty kitchen shears. Love them being so sharp!!! So if you're having trouble with your shears, but they're sturdy enough and of good quality metal, might consider sharpening them.
Good advice, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom