Buy it Now - Sapphire Hatching Eggs 12+

After pulling one egg at Day 19 for being obviously infertile/undeveloped.. I went out yesterday to see this:

So far.. I've confirmed 6 chicks from the 14 eggs you sent me.. hoping a few more pop today! Are the chicks supposed to be yellow? I thought they'd be white.

Well.. final count is 6 live chicks out of 14 eggs.. pretty good for shipped eggs. Eggtopsies showed no development in the rest except for one who looked like quit 2-3 days before hatching day (yolk and intestines weren't retracted).

Oh well, I'm happy with the ones I've gotten and am hoping for a bunch of girls!

I received my eggs today and the packaging was great--air cells were all intact! But I had heard that you absolutely don't hatch soiled eggs, and over half the eggs were badly soiled. This is my first hatch and I read that disease can be spread this way. Am I supposed to wash them? I tried wiping one with a clorox wipe, as someone suggested, but the soiling is embedded in the shell. How do I handle these eggs for hatching? Thanks!

I received my eggs today and the packaging was great--air cells were all intact! But I had heard that you absolutely don't hatch soiled eggs, and over half the eggs were badly soiled. This is my first hatch and I read that disease can be spread this way. Am I supposed to wash them? I tried wiping one with a clorox wipe, as someone suggested, but the soiling is embedded in the shell. How do I handle these eggs for hatching? Thanks!

badly soiled? I don't ship the bad eggs. I told you in advance that some would be dirty. the dirt will not hurt your hatch. do not wash them. rub off what you can and set them. I hatch the badly soiled eggs here and they hatch almost 100% of the time. if you have ever seen the eggs a broody hatches you would not worry about some dirt on eggs anymore. they poop on them break them and they still hatch.

report back in 21 days! the eggs were very fresh so you will not have any problems.

Last edited:
I received your eggs yesterday, all eggs I purchased were clean, three of the for extras were very dirty, however that was fully disclosed so if I choose not to incubate those I have no qualms about that , also included were extra eggs not of the hybrid but that was a nice bonus , overall I got what I paid for and more. Beautiful eggs and beautiful package , I'm happy with the seller

Donna is right--Poopy eggs hatch just fine. The broody mamas make a giant mess on them...but they are protected by the "bloom". It is when you try to wash them or rub them that causes problems. It erodes the "bloom" that protects the egg from microbes entering the porous shell. When I first started hatching I washed eggs = never hatched. Even if you have hand lotion on and hand turn the eggs it can affect the eggs. Clean hands only should touch fertile eggs, and never wash or rub them ever.....I worry that if you tried Clorox wipes on them that it may have hurt them. I sure hope not, best of luck! All my eggs from this seller have hatched great, poop or not :) But I never washed them for sure.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice! It's hard to figure out what to do and this is my first attempt to hatch so I am a little apprehensive... I only wiped the most soiled ones gently with the wipe so hopefully they will still hatch. I am trying some from my own pullets for a friend in the same incubator so I was concerned after reading that bacteria could infect all the eggs, but I won't worry so much now. It will probably be a good test for me! I will update on the results! Here's to hoping they ALL hatch! :)

Back
Top Bottom