BYC’s BirdTober Thread

Yesterday I really wasn’t feeling it… I’m so done drawing birds!
EC3AF151-47B0-41A3-81BB-E49DAC9D7364.jpeg

Still, in order to catch up I’m gonna count that haphazard hummingbird.

I decided to take the challenge today. I totally underestimated the bleedability of alcohol markers and totally overestimated the range of colors. It was weird trying to make a coherent project from only purple, green, orange, and brown. I knew I only had a few markers but seriously? Also I was missing at least one marker. Anyway, I liked messing around for once.
EEDC7B26-4D74-40B0-AD11-1FAB657BF872.jpeg
7681470D-A0D2-48BA-8E93-13C0703AD9DB.jpeg

I decided to take the challenge today. I totally underestimated the bleedability of alcohol markers and totally overestimated the range of colors. It was weird trying to make a coherent project from only purple, green, orange, and brown. I knew I only had a few markers but seriously? Also I was missing at least one marker. Anyway, I liked messing around for once.View attachment 3301961View attachment 3301962
Cool! I love the orange goose(?) dude. And I really like working with alcohol markers, but you have to use a thick watercolor paper or else it will bleed a lot. Your drawings turned out great though!

Cool! I love the orange goose(?) dude. And I really like working with alcohol markers, but you have to use a thick watercolor paper or else it will bleed a lot. Your drawings turned out great though!
I think he’s my fav too, along with the purple wobbly lady, though she blends in with the background.
Yeah, I figured that out. Good thing I have watercolor paper, maybe next time!
Speaking of watercolor, I used watercolor pencils to draw my all time favorite pigeon (and boy do I draw a lot of pigeons. The pink footed green pigeon! A violet-eyed rainbow of a bird! I decided the orange wasn’t saturated enough so went back to fix it, not realizing it was wet from the wing next to it, so RIP but otherwise it was fun to draw and turned out quite beautifully.View attachment 3302851

Back
Top Bottom