BYC Debate Thread- What's The Friendliest Chicken Breed?

Pics
Seramas all the way, never meet a mean one, even the my broody hens!!!! Frizzle are my favorite, they love to snuggle........all mine are pet quality and surround me at feeding time!
LOVE THEM!

Attachments

• endora and baby.jpg
    endora and baby.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 5
I haven't had chickens very long, but I would say orpingtons. They will follow you around and mine will let me pet its beak. To me, the big chickens are the least scared. ☺
I have to agree, Orps are like feathered puppies. They just want to follow you around, sit on your lap and beg you for goodies. :D Most friendly of breeds!

Well, I can only talk about my fluffy butts, but I'd have to say my Buff Orpington & Welsummer are tied for friendliest. I truly can not choose between them. They run to me treats or no treats in hand, while I'm scooping up the poop in the coop, they will gently peck me looking for pets. As if to say, Mom stop cleaning and pay attention to me. I've got a feeling, it all depends on the personality they have individually, because I've seen Australorps mentioned as friendly, and mine is an a-hole to everyone 😂. She's also my head hen, so maybe that's why. She only pecks to hurt, doesn't run to me at all even with treats, and I swear I see a look of disgust in her eyes even with grubblies in my hand. My Delaware is also a total turd, she will peck my sweethearts after I pet them and I've always imagined that it's her saying traitor! Don't love on the human! This is what you get when you ask for pets! And will promptly peck the bejesus out of them.

I've had them for almost 2 years now, and they've consistently had these personalities. I don't have any science to back me up, just my personal experience :cool:

Back
Top Bottom