BYC MAGIC YARN BALL SWAP This is complete. New Swap on it's own thread

Quote:
That's my family blog (see it in my siggy?) That was FAST! I just posted it this am.

Last edited:
Amy I asked a few ppl on the crochet thread if they were going to join. Most said they were too busy but some others said it was too complicated. I am wondering if maybe they got it mixed up with the quilt swap thing you were talking about at the same time. I thought that seemed pretty complicated myself but then I don't quilt either. Maybe should explain that. The MYB swap seems pretty easy to me.

I'll see if I get any new responses in the next few days. Maybe my blog post will get some new members here that join.

I would really like to see this materialize with more swappers.

At the request of a few members, I have moved the send off date to March 9-12, 2009!

Hope this brings more swappers!

Last edited:
I'm in!!

1. BYC name:
Mangled

2. Are you willing to ship outside of the US if needed?
Yes

3. Do you prefer your pattern to be for knit or crochet or something other? What is your skill level for this technique?
Crochet, advanced

4. Any stitches or techinques you are interested in learning or experimenting with?
I'm up for anything.
smile.png

5. Your favorite colors? Your least favorite color? Do you prefer variegated yarn or solid color?
I love the verigated yarns. Especially peaches, reds, pinks, etc.

6. Preferred yarn type(s)? (Ex: wool, cotton, bamboo, acrylic, mixed fibers)
I really have only worked with yarns like Bernat and Red Heart. Bernat is by far my favorite brand.

7. Do you spin?
Nope.

8. Any yarn or other allergies?
Serious cat allergies - my husband and daughter.
sad.png

9. Any cats or other common allergens INSIDE your home?
A big, dumb dog and a little, not-so-bright cockatiel. LOL.

10. Give a brief summary of yourself. Likes/dislikes, etc.
I have a bit of a glass figurine collection. I especially like chickens, flowers, hummingbirds, kitties, fish, etc. I am an avid crochet freak, I am either crocheting or have it with me.
Nothing real exciting here, lol. Stay at home mom with 2 kids, a husband and a buncha critters. I'm a nurse by profession.

This sounds fun!! Hopefully we can get some more members going!!

frow.gif

Em

We've got 2 more swappers! One is a brand new BYC member that came over from my post on www.crochetville.org !!!!

I will update this thread tonight or tomorrow....my PM box was stuck today and I didn't get any PMs until just now.

Hello I'm giving this a shot..Sounds like alot of fun..

1. BYC name:crochetinmama06

2. Are you willing to ship outside of the US if needed? Yes

3. Do you prefer your pattern to be for knit or crochet or something other? What is your skill level for this technique? Crochet-intermediate..TRYING to learn to knit..

4. Any stitches or techinques you are interested in learning or experimenting with? Knit and would love to try to figure out tatting

5. Your favorite colors? Your least favorite color? Do you prefer variegated yarn or solid color? Fav's black,brown,teal,pink least fav-yellow and green

6. Preferred yarn type(s)? (Ex: wool, cotton, bamboo, acrylic, mixed fibers) acrylic or cotton

7. Do you spin? No

8. Any yarn or other allergies? no to yarn and yes to Easter lillies and lilacs

9. Any cats or other common allergens INSIDE your home? 2 cats,1 dog and 3 birds

I read alot and garden also..I'm a beginner quilter,I also do plastic canvas.I love paydays and hot tamales..lol..I like just about anything there is..I also enjoy tea and I collect teapots..I also am starting to collect postcards or spoons from differnet states/countries..

Last edited:
I'm in too!!

1. BYC name:welman

2. Are you willing to ship outside of the US if needed? Sure

3. Do you prefer your pattern to be for knit or crochet or something other? What is your skill level for this technique? Knit-intermediate-ish!

4. Any stitches or techinques you are interested in learning or experimenting with? I'm game for anything fun

5. Your favorite colors? Your least favorite color? Do you prefer variegated yarn or solid color? I"m not picky, anything would brighten my day!

6. Preferred yarn type(s)? (Ex: wool, cotton, bamboo, acrylic, mixed fibers) Natural fibers

7. Do you spin? No, but am dying to learn. Some day I'd love to have sheep , shear 'em, and spin it up...DREAMS!

8. Any yarn or other allergies? Nope

9. Any cats or other common allergens INSIDE your home? We have one cat

I like to read, knit, sew...crafts in general. I'm a fifth grade teacher. I have 2 young sons, 1 DH, 5 NHR's and a cat. I'm working on being more self sufficient...gardens, compost etc!

I'm In!!!

1. BYC name:
KaTiE BeLLe

2. Are you willing to ship outside of the US if needed?
Yes

3. Do you prefer your pattern to be for knit or crochet or something other? What is your skill level for this technique?
Crochet/Easy

4. Any stitches or techinques you are interested in learning or experimenting with?
Basics

5. Your favorite colors? Your least favorite color? Do you prefer variegated yarn or solid color?
Pinks, greens, browns, and Camoflauge are my faavorite colors! I like variegated and solid colors! I dont like blue!

6. Preferred yarn type(s)? (Ex: wool, cotton, bamboo, acrylic, mixed fibers)
Acrylic
7. Do you spin?
Just learning

8. Any yarn or other allergies?
No

9. Any cats or other common allergens INSIDE your home?
4 Dogs and Chickens

Im a country/cowgirl girl! I love horses, chickens dogs, really just animals in general! I like to crochet but im still learning some stiches and things like that! I have 1 dog that I love to death he is my world!! He is a schnoodle!! I know this is not a very good summary so if you would like to know anything anything at all please ask!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom