BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
Hey guys. Good to see some fellow Massachusetts people here! I just started here. I'm from western Mass near Pittsfield. A lot of the chickens I deal with are at the place I work: Hancock Shaker Village. Recognize it? Any chickie people near me?
I was just reading a children's book about Shaker living. I would like to take a field trip with my kids. THe story is based aroun the Lowell area as the mother needs to work at the mills and places her son with the shakers and the story is about him growing up and be coming a Shaker. Great peice of Massachussetts history.

Just to see if anyone's nearby... I'm in Plymouth...
I'm going to be offering hatching eggs of some rare heritage breeds from South America in the months to come and would love to make them available to folks nearby. Not having to ship is a really nice thought. Last year all the eggs that went out were shipped.

Just to see if anyone's nearby... I'm in Plymouth...
I'm going to be offering hatching eggs of some rare heritage breeds from South America in the months to come and would love to make them available to folks nearby. Not having to ship is a really nice thought. Last year all the eggs that went out were shipped.
What breeds do you anticipate having? I love the unusual and unique, :)

Hi Melissa, I think bringing your kids sounds like a great idea. Come spring, you can definitely do that. I'm actually hoping to create a farm outreach program at Shaker Village where I can even start bringing a chicken into the classroom for a "farm hour" or something like that. I'm about to propose it to the higher ups at the village. I think farm education being brought to the schools could really develop into something. I was wondering, since you are a teacher, if you have any opinions on this idea?

Hi Melissa, I think bringing your kids sounds like a great idea. Come spring, you can definitely do that. I'm actually hoping to create a farm outreach program at Shaker Village where I can even start bringing a chicken into the classroom for a "farm hour" or something like that. I'm about to propose it to the higher ups at the village. I think farm education being brought to the schools could really develop into something. I was wondering, since you are a teacher, if you have any opinions on this idea?

Anyone in MA with fertilized eggs? I'm in Norton.
Specifically looking for EEs and silkies of any color. Also black australorps and barred rocks. May be interested in pullets or POL hens. .. can't have roos. If you're in the area and selling please message me!

What breeds do you anticipate having? I love the unusual and unique, :)
Check out this auction I had for last year...
I'll probably have most of them available as hatching eggs and perhaps as chicks.

If your local I can sell them at a discounted price...not having to ship is really appealing to me
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/643128/rare-central-south-american-south-pacific-breeds

Back
Top Bottom