BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
I have some Silkie roosters I'd like to rehome. Hatched Christmas week (almost 6 months) Mary Robbins bloodlines, gorgeous boys!. Asking $15 a roo. I'm in Abington. Pm me if interested. I also have pairs I'd consider letting go, but they're quite a bit more at $90. Thanks!

I would like 3-5 chickens. People friendly, kid friendly, foraging capability, I live in RI so 4 season sustainable, free range on my 1/2 acre but also coopable. I know nothing about chickens. Fill me in folks! What kind of chickens should I get??

I have Speckled Sussex, Australorp, Buff Orpington and Salmon Faverolle. All cold hardy, sweet and docile, don't mind confinement and good leyers even in winter. I researched for a couple of years before picking those breeds. I wanted breeds that could hndles the MA weather, lay well, be sweet to my kids, and not annoy my neighbors. This may also help you:
http://www.mypetchicken.com/chicken-breeds/which-breed-is-right-for-me.aspx
Good Luck
welcome-byc.gif

I picked some of the same breeds for the same reason! lol

I have buff orpingtons and speckled sussex. My marans are wonderful too.

Are you looking to raise up chicks?? Playing with chicks helps create a bond. Or do you want to start with POL-- which is very hard to find.

To get 5 you might need to see what your local feed store is offering--- realize some stores are better than others and mislabel so KNOW what the chicks should look like.

We also like the Ameraucanas from Meyers.

My friend is from hopkinton and he cant because he live is a community with a comitty but you can in his tOwn because a street over a neighbor has them

Back
Top Bottom