BYC members in Massachusetts?

Hello! Does anyone know of a breeder/seller of Muscovy ducklings? I was thinking about getting two or three eventually, and wanted to find somewhere in or around MA rather than shipping them across the country

I only know of dodge grain as well. I don't know the "quality" of their pullets, but tbh when I went in they didn't look the best in the small cages and it was very cramped.
well I did end up getting 3 pullets from them. My dad went to pick them out.. and turns out they are debeaked, poor things.( I guess the hatchery they get them from does it to all their birds.) They are very healthy though and have recently started laying (have had them over a month now..)

All the chicks I got from them are all healthy and are being well taken care of by my broody.

well I did end up getting 3 pullets from them. My dad went to pick them out.. and turns out they are debeaked, poor things.( I guess the hatchery they get them from does it to all their birds.) They are very healthy though and have recently started laying (have had them over a month now..)

All the chicks I got from them are all healthy and are being well taken care of by my broody.
That is great to hear! I wish you the best of luck with them. I will be getting chicks from my pet chicken on June 8th which I ordered months in advance. I will be getting a buff silkie bantam, salmon faverolle, mille fleur belgian d'uccle bantam, white sultan, silver laced cochin, mottled cochin bantam, buff brahma bantam, white crested black polish bantam, and I think I might add a partridge cochin to the order. Good luck with your flock!

Hello! Does anyone know of a breeder/seller of Muscovy ducklings? I was thinking about getting two or three eventually, and wanted to find somewhere in or around MA rather than shipping them across the country
You could try "Luvs chickens". She hasn't been on here for a while, maybe a PM would get to her though. Otherwise I think she still goes to the NAS sales in Westford (you have to be a member to buy now unfortunately).

Hello, I'm looking for a few Silkie hens to add to my flock... does anyone know where I can get some? I'm looking for pet quality as I cannot afford expensive show birds, nor will I be showing. They'll have their own coop all to themselves (and their babies) and will be pets and brooders. Color doesn't matter as long as they are hens... We already have a roo and I don't think the neighbors would approve of another one LOL. I've asked a few breeders and they're all sold out for this year.

Thanks in advance!

I would check out the FB groups "Southeastern MA Homesteaders" and "Mass Poultry Swap & Chat," both of these have members with silkies pretty frequently, and if you're from Cape Cod, a lot of SEMH members are in your area.

Hello, I'm looking for a few Silkie hens to add to my flock... does anyone know where I can get some? I'm looking for pet quality as I cannot afford expensive show birds, nor will I be showing. They'll have their own coop all to themselves (and their babies) and will be pets and brooders. Color doesn't matter as long as they are hens... We already have a roo and I don't think the neighbors would approve of another one LOL. I've asked a few breeders and they're all sold out for this year.

Thanks in advance!
She might be too far but check out Teddy Bear Silkies on Facebook.

Back
Top Bottom