BYC members in Massachusetts?

Hello neighbor I am in Rochester been raising hens for over 20 yrs now my son now 30 wants some chicks when he was 6 yrs old had hens ever since. Love it

Anyone in northeast Mass. interested in some older birds - 3 year old RIRs, Barred Rock, and Easter Eggers? I have two of each, and would sadly part with as many as four total. need to make some room in the coop & run in case we have as much snow as we did last winter. Healthy birds, laying well for their age. LMK! Thanks.

Hi Im from Brockton. I have three RIR . Going through our first year and winter with them in a coop with a big run attached. They free range most days now until the weather gets bad. Planning to get 4 or 6 young birds or chicks in the spring. Figuring these are a few years old and will slow their laying.
Enjoying them.
I have news paper under their roost.I roll up the paper every am. The rest of the coop 8x12 has deep shavings. I scoop with a kitty litter scoop every day. Setting up a 5 gall bucket with side nipples and in bucket heater for the winter. A guy from Ohio posted a pic . Easy to make The chickens drink out of it no problem.
Just worried three will be able to keep warm when it gets real cold.
I'll post a pic of the waterer

Hi Im from Brockton. I have three RIR . Going through our first year and winter with them in a coop with a big run attached. They free range most days now until the weather gets bad. Planning to get 4 or 6 young birds or chicks in the spring. Figuring these are a few years old and will slow their laying.
Enjoying them.
I have news paper under their roost.I roll up the paper every am. The rest of the coop 8x12 has deep shavings. I scoop with a kitty litter scoop every day. Setting up a 5 gall bucket with side nipples and in bucket heater for the winter. A guy from Ohio posted a pic . Easy to make The chickens drink out of it no problem.
Just worried three will be able to keep warm when it gets real cold.
I'll post a pic of the waterer
if you need a rooster I have 3 beautiful 4 month old silkies I'm in east Bridgewater

Replying to the person from Norwood..... Wondering how you made out?? Just proposed the idea to my neighbor and got squashed! Planning to go to town hall and see if one neighbor can restrict me?? My property is 100 feet wide.... impossible to be 50 feet from any property line.... I do think that I can get 70 feet from theirs though..

Just saying hello to other MA people…I am in Millbury (south of Worcester). Very worried about my first winter with my birds and super worried about the week I am away on vacation around Christmas (pet sitter coming 1x day) Curious to see how other people did during last year's **HORRID* winter.

Back
Top Bottom