BYC members in Massachusetts?

I know I do. The town next to me was in the news for chicken keeping problems, I believe the lady involved had to hire a lawyer due to nasty neighbours. Hoping to avoid that...

I don't know if I'm supposed to have a permit and I don't want to know either.
Anyway, I got 6 EGGS today!! A new record! !

Woot! I got 6 too
1f603.png
1f44d.png

I am sorry not to respond sooner. I have a hard time getting in here now. That 'remember me' has alzheimers.
I will try to get in with a picture of the one chick I have that looks good for the mottling. Very nice toes.
I do not know many people here. Single parent, farming and working at the PO has me socializing very little but I might check out that little garden now. Thank you for the heads up on that. Iam currently on the look out for a new rental to allow our dog and chickens. The land lord is returning from California. So far the locals are helping out a bit. Here is an Orloff baby to hold you over :)

New here, thought I'd introduce myself! Metrowest Boston, new to chickens after a long time wanting/researching. Last year we moved across town (smaller house/bigger yard) which means...it's time! Our Dept of Health guy signed off on us Thurs, and we had the coop and chicks by Sat, no moss growing here.

We have a sunlamp/dog grate brooder with 2 silkies/2 barred rock/ 2 ISA browns (cross RI red and white).

Up today: trying to find a few pastel layers like Amercaunas/Araucanas to add to the kennel (or raise in adjacent and integrate soon) while they're young and (hopefully) will still play nice.

Anyone know a MA farm that might have them?

Glad to be here for the support and camaraderie!
Cheers,
Nic

New here, thought I'd introduce myself! Metrowest Boston, new to chickens after a long time wanting/researching. Last year we moved across town (smaller house/bigger yard) which means...it's time! Our Dept of Health guy signed off on us Thurs, and we had the coop and chicks by Sat, no moss growing here.

We have a sunlamp/dog grate brooder with 2 silkies/2 barred rock/ 2 ISA browns (cross RI red and white).

Up today: trying to find a few pastel layers like Amercaunas/Araucanas to add to the kennel (or raise in adjacent and integrate soon) while they're young and (hopefully) will still play nice.

Anyone know a MA farm that might have them?

Glad to be here for the support and camaraderie!

Cheers,

Nic

Check here.... My sister gets supplies here and they have upcoming chicks...
http://sweetmeadowfeedandgrain.com/events

Back
Top Bottom