BYC members in Massachusetts?

Thanks for the reply LaBellaVita Taunton is not to far of a drive at all for me. I will check out their page now. Drellbug I will check them out as well. Thanks again!!

I'm South of Boston and I just was told about Chick a dee seed and feed in Walpole. She was great, has workshops on chicken health Etc and gets chicks in for sale.

Hey Everyone I am new to BackYard Chickens Forum and actual backyard raising etc.  I am located in Brockton, MA and I am looking for a good place to purchase hens ( chicks, maybe a few days old) and also breeds that due well in our climate and are family friendly and good egg layers.

If anyone could help point me in the right direction that would be awesome I have a few breeds in mind already as well from reading around.

I am pretty excited for this adventure and I know this will be a great place to get more information.

Welcome!!

I am looking for a website or place to get healthy grownup hens to add to my flock. And also need to find a place to take my rooster.
Can someone please help me?

There is someone in Westford MA who will take unwanted birds. He may have started pullets by now too. PM me if you want the contact info.

There is someone in Westford MA who will take unwanted birds. He may have started pullets by now too. PM me if you want the contact info. 

How do you pm? I might need to home a roo. We hatched these EE and they are all super friendly, would be strange if all 6 were hens.

We just started building our coop last weekend, almost done and then on to the run.
We are getting our girls from Ashley at the Danvers Agway (we're in Woburn).
She sells starter pullets at 6 weeks. We are getting 3 Buff orpingtons and 3 black Austrolorps (at least)
I went a little bigger with our coop to account for chicken math.

Last edited:
I live in Brockton too. Just got some chicks from tractor supply in Raynham. They were healthy. I have a few roosters. Do you know anyone who wants two? Half Rhode Island Red half New Hampshire red. They are 3weeks old
Bridge water farm supply is another place to get chicks and feed supplies. They have wire for runs straw and pine shavings too.

Yes I would like the contact info, it would be helpful to get laying pullets and get rid of my spare rooster.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom