BYC members in Massachusetts?

PROMISE that you will post pictures after they hatch! (Where are you located? I might need to trade you a fertile egg or two for the Hatch-a-Long! I'll have OE's and FBCM's and then other random FBCM roo crosses!)

Amanda- in Western Ma (Peru). Happy to trade eggs or even give aways if we get photos of hatchlings and egg color when they are all grownup!

And we will definitely post some pics! I think they are going to be pretty cool looking. I'm hoping they tend to be more broody and a bit nicer, my jerseys have zero interest in me (not scared or fearful, just think of me as a good source of food.)

Last edited:
Anybody know of any hatching eggs and/or an incubator!? I'm really hoping to be able to incubate/join the hatch-a-long this year
big_smile.png
I have hatching eggs available but not sure where where Kelsey, MA is. (Mapquest keeps showing me NY.) You may want to look on CL to find hatching eggs in your area. I also saw some good deals for used incubators on Craigs list or you might want to try Ebay.

I have hatching eggs available but not sure where where Kelsey, MA is.

Her first name is Kelsey. She lives in MA. But there's no Kelsey, MA.
smile.png

Does anyone know of a feed store that carries Brinsea Incubation Disinfectant? Amazon wants $20 for 3 ounces. Brinsea charges $8 on their site, but it probably cost more than that to ship it. Ugh. Stupid shipping.

Edited to add: I was right. Brinsea charges a minimum of $10 for standard shipping. That's flipping ridiculous. I'm sure if I went to the post office with a package weighing slightly over 3 ounces it wouldn't cost more than a couple of dollars to ship it. It drives me nuts how companies pad their profits with insanely inflated shipping costs! /End rant

Last edited:
Her first name is Kelsey. She lives in MA. But there's no Kelsey, MA.  :)

Does anyone know of a feed store that carries Brinsea Incubation Disinfectant? Amazon wants $20 for 3 ounces. Brinsea charges $8 on their site, but it probably cost more than that to ship it. Ugh. Stupid shipping.

Edited to add: I was right. Brinsea charges a minimum of $10 for standard shipping. That's flipping ridiculous. I'm sure if I went to the post office with a package weighing slightly over 3 ounces it wouldn't cost more than a couple of dollars to ship it. It drives me nuts how companies pad their profits with insanely inflated shipping costs! /End rant

I totally missed the part where they thought it was a town and read it as in MA kelsey is lol but you're right, there's no kelsey MA :)

And yeah, that's ridiculous. But in a way it's nice though if you bought more than just that cause it would be only $10. But for just that its a lot

Thank you, I didnt realize that was her name. Explains why mapquest kept taking me to Niagra Falls NY area.
It helps when people looking for items give a more specific area/town. A state can be a big place if you are looking for a local supplier for chicks, hatching eggs etc.

And yeah, that's ridiculous. But in a way it's nice though if you bought more than just that cause it would be only $10. But for just that its a lot

As I understood it, it's a $10.00 MINIMUM. That doesn't mean they don't charge a higher shipping cost if you're ordering larger items. Scuzz butts!

I am SO spoiled by Amazon Prime that I pretty much don't buy anything online if it isn't through Amazon. First of all, if they can send ANYTHING in 2 days, than other companies can too. It's not like Amazon owns FedEx or the postal service. Second, I pay AMAZON $100ish a year from Prime. That includes endless 2 day free shipping, plus music, movies, books. I have placed 8 orders with Amazon in just the past 2 weeks alone. I order from them at least once a week because I've become too lazy to go to the flippin' store!
gig.gif
Simple math shows that if I order from them 52 times a year then I pay $1.92 per order for 2 day shipping. I order WAY more than that. Soooo... I'm not getting ripped off by Brinsea with their asinine minimum shipping cost.

I guess my ranting hadn't ended after all...
old.gif

Last edited:
   Thank you, I didnt realize that was her name. Explains why mapquest kept taking me to Niagra Falls NY area.
   It helps when people looking for items give a more specific area/town. A state can be a big place if you are looking for a local supplier for chicks, hatching eggs etc. 

Oh yeah, sorry, definitely should have been more specific the first time!!

As I understood it, it's a $10.00 MINIMUM. That doesn't mean they don't charge a higher shipping cost  if you're ordering larger items. Scuzz butts!

I am SO spoiled by Amazon Prime that I pretty much don't buy anything online if it isn't through Amazon. First of all, if they can send ANYTHING in 2 days, than other companies can too. It's not like Amazon owns FedEx or the postal service. Second, I pay AMAZON $100ish a year from Prime. That includes endless 2 day free shipping, plus music, movies, books. I have placed 8 orders with Amazon in just the past 2 weeks alone. I order from them at least once a week because I've become too lazy to go to the flippin' store! :gig Simple math shows that if I order from them 52 times a year then I pay $1.92 per order for 2 day shipping. I order WAY more than that. Soooo... I'm not getting ripped off by Brinsea with their asinine minimum shipping cost. 

I guess my ranting hadn't ended after all... :old  

Ahh that sucks then!

And yeah, we have Prime too! It's sooo nice! And I try not to order anything from Amazon that isn't Prime hahaha the only other place I order from is Chewy for pet stuff cause their fee is reasonable although some of their prices have been going up lately because they're getting bigger :/ but yeah, Amazon and Chewy are where it's at. And also band merch. I buy way too much band merch and support friends and/or favorite bands and yeah :) and they usually try not rip you off on shipping hahaha except when it's through another company/merch site then the shipping fees are usually more :/ but that's usually bigger bands that it's more indirect. Direct from them they're usually reasonable :) in fact sometimes I think they lose money with how little some have charged for some stuff haha

But yeah. Prime is sooo nice. I don't use the entertainment though, I really should start!!!

And dude aren't you like close to the stores? Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom